Adventures in Automation

Discussion in 'Journals' started by fan27, Jan 21, 2019.

1. fan27

fan27

My approach is a highly configurable supervised learning approach. Before writing any code, I have a good idea of what ideas I want to test and how to test them. The application just automates the effort. The product will ship with all of the indicators I use...it will just be up to the user to use them as they see fit (and of course write their own).

#31     Jan 24, 2019
  2. jonahern

jonahern

great song choice

#32     Jan 24, 2019
    beginner66, tommcginnis and fan27 like this.
  3. traider

traider

Shouldn't your 70 strategies over 3 instruments be generating more trades?

#33     Jan 24, 2019
  4. fan27

fan27

Nope. I average two to three trades a week. Some weeks there could be no trades. I am targeting high probability strategies which turn out to not occur very often. That being said, having enough of them makes it worth while.

#34     Jan 24, 2019
  5. traider

traider

So you are not actually running 70 strats? Are you able to share how many different ones are you running?

#35     Jan 25, 2019
  6. fan27

fan27

I am trading 70 strategies. They are just low frequency, hence the low trade count. Some only trade when above the 200 day SMA and some only trade when the previous week is a 52 week high.

#36     Jan 25, 2019
  7. themickey

themickey

And your trading universe is just futures of ES, NQ and YM?

#37     Jan 25, 2019
  8. srinir

srinir

Have you looked at Buildalpha?
    https://www.buildalpha.com/

I think your process is similar to Buildalpha. Buildalpha is mainly for daily data, yours incorporates intraday data. They can filter thru' more than 5000 signals in pretty short period of time.

#38     Jan 25, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  9. fan27

fan27

Yeah...I have seen it. Looks like a cool application. The main difference between what I have and BuildAlpha is it is a desktop application with fixed functionality where as I have an SDK with application/source code. My solution is more targeted to users with programming abilities who want maximum flexibility.

#39     Jan 25, 2019
    KevMo, tommcginnis and srinir like this.
  10. fan27

fan27

Yes...for now. I have not decided yet if I am going to expand into other markets. At some point I might want to trade OPM and am wondering if it is better to have a focused approach.

#40     Jan 25, 2019