Advantages of Homelessness

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hippie, Aug 28, 2010.

1. pspr

pspr

I would miss my gadgets, my warm PRIVATE showers, my security, my private area (home), my clean wife, my bed, etc., etc.

Of course, being homeless with a motorhome or a very large boat might be worth considering.

#11     Aug 28, 2010
  2. best not to talk nonsense if you dont know what you are talking about, and that link is complete garbage, Buddhism is not about extinction. It's about transcending the dual concepts of both eternalism and nihilism although i suppose your feeble brain would have a hard time contemplating it.

#12     Aug 28, 2010
  3. Larson

Larson Guest

I now understand why you get on other's nerves around this place.

#13     Aug 28, 2010
  4. I know I get on alot of peoples nerves. People would rather hear a nice lie than a hard truth.

#14     Aug 28, 2010
  5. Larson

Larson Guest

Of course there are those homeless by choice. What about those that aren't? That is the hard truth that makes your comment sound idiotic.

#15     Aug 28, 2010
  6. When you step over a homeless person sleeping on the street, this is our constitution at work. Why they don't teach that in school I'll never know. This would make a good field trip.

#16     Aug 28, 2010
  7. rew

rew

Until you realize that you are just renting it from the government. And the government can and does raise the "rent" any time it wants.

#17     Aug 28, 2010
  8. Being a homeless might have advantages but I still wouldn't want to be one. Not even for a day. And that is why I am working hard to earn a living.

Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the homeless. I know most of the homeless didn't become one because of choice and I sympathize with them. But that also gives me all the more reason to work even harder.

#18     Aug 28, 2010
  9. Why does that make my comment sound idiotic? You think that because they are not their by choice that makes it that they are not lazy and it was circumstance beyond their control? In this country there are many sales positions available and anyone willing to work on commission can get a job tommorrow. These people do not want to work on commission. Maybe its because they think they would be bad at sales, but then that just makes it that they do not want to work on their sales skills which only validates my point.

Go follow a homeless person who isnt there by choice and see how hard they work to find a job. Putting in 1 or 2 job applications is not working very hard, is it?

#19     Aug 28, 2010
  10. bat1

bat1

dude, you don't own your home the state does

and if you think I'm wrong don't pay your property tax
    and see what happens..

#20     Aug 29, 2010