Advantages & Disadvantages of Religion

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by themickey, Apr 3, 2022.

1. themickey

themickey

Z.jpg
    Teddy bear Jesus.

#11     Apr 3, 2022
  2. themickey

themickey

How come this God saviour friend, life anchor, whom you walk with daily and communicate with, dear friend, buddy, can't teach you a quick way to trade profitably?

#12     Apr 3, 2022
  3. themickey

themickey

If you were to ask me to teach you how to become profitable, there is a large chance of failure, you know why? Because you may not be interested in my methods, it may not suit you to swing trade multiple stocks, you may prefer scalping futures where I could not assist.

Same with Christianity, many people are not interested in that lifestyle, they don't want to be roped into church and theological doctrine, they don't wish to listen to a pastor salesman talking about stuff which is of no interest to them.
    They are not interested in Adam & Eve stories and stuff which happened thousands of years ago. I've bought many christian books out of the christian bookstore, was one of their good customers, much in these books is gobbledegook, just like a Gann book I bought once for $100.

#13     Apr 3, 2022
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Isn't there an indicator called "Gann's Fan", which is sometimes also called the "pitchfork"?

So...You are trading with the help of the devil. May the trend save your soul?

(P.S. Fuck God, and the high-horse she rode in on.)

#14     Apr 3, 2022
  5. God makes Himself known to those who belong to Him. I am sure I would not care much about God had God not worked in my life over and over in ways that were NOT my imagination.

God's plan for Christians in this life is that we would worship Him and know Him and interact with Him throughout whatever He brings into our life, whether it's prosperity or disaster. Understanding that it's the relationship with Him that is His desire, helps put the rest of life into focus.

I've heard many Christians talk about how they were going through some difficulty and God didn't remove the difficulty, but He did provide helps to get through the difficulty.

A while ago I shared that probably most of my answers to prayer I don't necessarily know that they wouldn't have happened anyhow. However, there have been many times when either an answer to prayer, or a teaching I came across that dealt with just what I needed at the right moment, were extremely unlikely to have happened by chance.

I don't believe in putting God to the test in the sense of experimenting with prayers and answers because, in my experience, God intervenes in the way He chooses, the timing He chooses and way that He chooses, that would not be the way I expected Him to answer. So, I can't place God in a box and pray and say I expect such and such to happen. What I can say is that I have had enough prayers answers directly and sometimes came in ways that were so far different than anything I imagined was possible for an answer, that this alone convinced me it was an answer from God.

The point I'm trying to make is: if God is regularly answering my prayers or intervening in my circumstances beyond what would be normal coincidences, then is this happening to everyone who is not a believer? Is my experience just the same as everyone else's? Every person, atheist or other religion regularly has answers to prayers and God working things in their lives.....hard to explain, but it's like God wants me to know that He is there with me and so works in little things. Jesus explained it like this:

Until now you have not asked [the Father] for anything in My name; but now ask and keep on asking and you will receive, so that your joy may be full and complete. John 16:24 Amplified Bible
    When God unmistakably works, either in answers to prayer or other ways, there is a lot of joy that comes just from being reminded that God is present with me.

True story I heard recently: A chaplain didn't realize there was a false ceiling about 4 stories or so up in a warehouse type building and he stepped onto it and fell all 4 stories length to a concrete floor. He said as he was falling a peace came over him and he knew that no matter what happened, it would be alright, because he belonged to God. He was not injured in the fall. His co-worker that watched him fall told him later he was sure he was going to be dead. Later, the chaplain learned that in the same building a small group of ladies were praying and had a sudden urge to pray for safety right at the time he was falling.

Now, I'm sure you don't believe this story is true. And I actually have no way of knowing if it's true other than the fact that the person that told it is one who I judge to be a truthful person. If you want to hear the story, I can try to find it. It's somewhere in something I watched somewhat recently.:)

Are you seeing so many answers to prayer and so many interventions in your life that you are often reminded that God really does exist and He is watching over you?

Are all people having these same experiences?

If not, then I am either whacked :D or I belong to God and He is working in my life.

Oh, and to answer your question, I don't think God necessarily cares if I am a profitable trader or not. I think He has a plan, and maybe being a profitable trader is in His plans for me. I ask God regularly to provide for my needs and He has done that.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    #15     Apr 3, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. I know. But whether or not people are interested in God, He exists. This quote from Spurgeon often comes to my mind because I'd rather spend time warning people even if no one takes heed to the warnings than to do nothing or say nothing.

From Spurgeon's sermon, "The Wailing of Risca"

Oh, my brothers and sisters in Christ,
    if sinners will be damned, at least
    let them leap to hell over our bodies.

And if they will perish, let them perish with our
    arms about their knees, imploring them to stop,
    and not madly to destroy themselves.

If hell must be filled, at least let it be
    filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let
    not one go there unwarned and unprayed for.

#16     Apr 3, 2022
  7. Overnight

Overnight

He. It's all He He He. Why not a she? Ancient dogmatic sexism. Freh!

#17     Apr 3, 2022
  8. themickey

themickey

There's always gonna be conned religous people who believe that they need to convert the 'heathen' to their way of life.

#18     Apr 3, 2022
  9. Sharing about a Person is different.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    #19     Apr 3, 2022
  10. %%
    Good points+ Mickey asked ''about a quick way to trade profitably?"
    Wonder why God does not bless the lotto, another quick way to trade cash ??
    Wonder why God does not bless the lotto, a stupid tax on people that cant do math??
    [Edit; religion is not redemption. They are not even spelled close.]

#20     Apr 4, 2022
    studentofthemarkets likes this.