Advantage Futures - best commissions i have ever seen

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by moarla, Sep 9, 2008.

1. moo

moo

Their website looks rather modest. Not much info available.

Is this a safe firm?

#11     Sep 9, 2008
  2. Jachyra

Jachyra

Very safe and very respectable.

#12     Sep 9, 2008
  3. What are the exchange fees for ES, YM, and QM?

#13     Sep 10, 2008
  4. C99

C99

Eagle, that's funny. Haven't heard of them in a while. I used to trade through them yrs back on the midam. That's outing myself as a former piker. Glad to hear they are still alive and kickin' unlike the midam. I would've thought they got run over by technology years ago. That wacky guy with the bowtie still around?

good peeps way back, no current experience. they could have liquidated me more than once, yet here I am. nuff said.

#14     Sep 10, 2008
  5. Huge ad campaign here in Chicago, they are clearly looking to build up business. On every bus shelter or ad sign at street level in the loop you either see Advantage Futures or an ad for ICE with the ER2 moving there. It's funny, there is an ER2 moving to ICE ad right in front of the CBOT and in front of the CBOE on VanBuren.

I'm considering giving them a shot. If I do I'll share my experiences

#15     Sep 17, 2008
  6. sammybea

sammybea

Considering that futures accounts are not protected by the sipc, how do you think Advantage would hold up in this "crisis." Is it just safer to go with someone like IB or a larger clearing firm?

#16     Sep 17, 2008
  7. I'm not implying I would use them just because of a slick ad campaign. :) All things equal, they look like a reputable firm that is worth doing diligence on and trading a small amount of capital with to get a feel for it. If it stinks like the Red Line I'd get out. Of course there is risk as you mention, but with everything you have to decide whats comfortable for your situation.

As all of my trading capital is risk capital I am not overly concerned but I don't put all of my eggs in one basket either.

#17     Sep 17, 2008
  8. twinx

twinx

This should be the actual information:
    Code:
    Volume Scale     Rate 
    0 – 100         = $0.99 
    101 – 1000      = $0.69 
    1,001 – 2,000   = $0.49 
    2,001 – 5,000   = $0.29 
    5,001 – 10,000  = $0.19 
    10,001 – 20,000 = $0.04 
    20,001+         = $0.03 

INFORMATION BASED ON SINGLE TRADER / SINGLE ACCOUNT
    Rate chart is based on monthly contract volume. Rates are quoted per contract, are
    subject to change without notice and are exclusively offered to self-directed individual
    investors trading for their own account. These prices do not include exchange, clearing,
    regulatory fees or platform charges. These rates are not applicable to options trading.
    These rates apply only to day traders. Minimum annual revenue requirements may apply
    to traders leaving overnight margined positions.

Knows anybody details about this Minimum ...overnight margined positions.?

Thanks

#18     May 15, 2009
  9. Have traded with them, they were pretty good. Cant argue with their pricing. Had the occasional connectivity issue. Nothing too major though.

#19     May 15, 2009
  10. twinx

twinx

Did you had overnight positions? How does it influence the commission rates?
    Which trading platform did you use?
    Thanks

#20     May 15, 2009