advanced futures and global futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by 168, Jun 27, 2003.

1. so whenever you need to talk to someone with a trade you deal with ghco ?

Yes.

do you need a big size account to clear Ghco ?

Looking at Advanced Futures fees web page, the smallest account you can open to clear through GHCO is $10,000. But you should ask AF themselves these questions as I don't work for them.

#11     Jun 27, 2003
  2. mike s

mike s

I'm w/ Global thru Advanced Futures too.

I got jammed up this morning like a lot of people. You could tell that the folks at Global were swamped but they were working hard to help me. They didn't have access to the platform either for a while. They informed me that it was due to problems with the clearing firm of RosenthalCG. This is all just fwiw. It was one of those days.

#12     Jun 27, 2003
  3. 168

how would you like the one of those day tow days in a row and may be more down times next week.

#13     Jun 27, 2003
  4. mike s

mike s

hate 'em....one in a row is plenty for me.

The point I was trying to make (in an effort to inform/help) was that the problem was being layed off on the clearing firm, RCG. Therefore if one switches brokers,due to this problem, it's best to be aware of who's clearing....take it or leave it.

#14     Jun 27, 2003
  5. 168

i think they give the platform for us to trade but they don't care how many people is using it,that is why they jammed up so often,shoulded open a bigger account and use the x-trader or clear with Ghco-some member recommend it,say its nice clearing firm.

#15     Jun 27, 2003
  6. 168,

It comes with the territory. Your trading strategy must factor in these unforseen problems. Everybody has technical problems from time to time--even if you're trading live on the floor things can go wrong. Take note how often people get on the board here and post grouchy things about IB--then a bunch more people say nice things about them...

Your real issue is with RCG, not Global or Advanced. Those companies are essentially "salesmen" to sign you up and keep you happy. If you feel that RCG has an undue amount of technical problems, then switch to someone else. My guess is that after you switch you will find they have their share of problems as well.

Cheer,

kp

#16     Jun 27, 2003
  7. If you are looking to get lower commissions and great customer support go to: www.velocityfutures.com

Our rates start as low as $3.90 per RT, and go down to $2.52 per RT, check out the Velocity Futures Website commission schedule at:

http://www.velocityfutures.com/commisions_schedule.html

Velocity is new as a sponsoring broker with Elite Trader and will offer special rates of $3.00/RT for any volume to Elite Trader customers for the first month that you trade.

Velocity Futures is an FCM and offers X-Trader by Trading Technologies for $500/month. We can offer also a simulator for CME and Eurex for you try the product out.

#17     Jun 28, 2003
  8. Which clearing company does your company use?

#18     Jun 30, 2003
  9. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Global Futures Exchange <br>& Trading Company

Dear 168,

Global offers J-trader and X_trader, as well as other trading platforms. The J-trader connection to Globex was down due to a faulty router Friday, June 27, through one of our clearing firms; however our other trading platforms and clearing firms were operating flawlessly. Many firms were affected by this faulty router; therefore any firm connected to Globex through that router experienced a similar situation.

Global Futures has a staff of over fifty employees serving clients from all over the world; despite the circumstances, we were able to assist hundreds of clients at one time.

Allow me to say that in those conditions, distinguishing between calls just made to ask “what’s wrong with J-Trader?” and the ones made by traders in need for help, is not so simple.

I was there that day, and I can assure you, I’ve not heard the phone ringing more than 3 times (as usual) before being answered, everybody made his best possible (under a tough condition) to continue offering the best customer services that has made us famous.

Anyway, please accept my personal apology for any inconvenience; your posts are a useful reference for us to understand how to better serve our clients.

Best regards,
    Giuseppe Zagara
    Futures broker
    Global Futures Exchange and Trading Company.

#19     Jul 10, 2003
  10. 168

giuseppe

i understand that sometimes system went down's situation,but you said they pick up the phone not more than 3 rings,it must be a lie,or i am the one who"s make up the story ? we just let the et member to be the judge.

#20     Jul 11, 2003