advanced futures and global futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by 168, Jun 27, 2003.

1. 168

advanced futures and global are working together-i just open an account with advanced,and guess what,all the stuff you have go to global,and the order service is terrible,today the j-trader is down,and i have an stop order is not shown fill or not,so i called the desk,guess what,it took i minute for them to pick up the phone and then they put me on hold for at least 2-3 minute,so i just call again and took them another i minute to answer,then put me on hold,then finally somebody took care of my order,it just suck,i a think i am going to tranfer to apex futures.

2. So you completely changed your view ? How come ? :confused:

3. 168-

If it was at 10:30 est lots if not everyone lost mini data...I use j-trader from another firm and it went out for a good 2minutes or so.

And i know people who were on other platforms w/ other firms lost it at the same time I did...so it may have been a Globex issue.

4. 168

i understand that electronics order have all kind of trouble sometime,but the long wait service is piss me off,their commission rate is good but emergency service is bad.

5. 168

double check the stop order,ask two broker from the trading desk,both said its cancelled,but didn't shown on the j-trader,check the order third time,the broker told me its filed,so i cover my position right away,this is what you got with careless customer service.

6. Yeah, this is special feature of J_Trader:

random fills and nobody knows what´s going on.

:mad:

7. FWIW, my experience with calling the emergency help desk to get me out of a trade was quite good. Very responsive. I am also with Advanced Futures (clearing through GHCO in my case, who actually handles the emergency lines for those clearing through them).

8. 168

Phoenix rising

when you place your regular trade,you place with advanced futures desk or global futures' desk ?

9. My trading platform connects directly to GHCO (Goldenberg, Hehmeyer & Co.). So when I place a trade it is sent to GHCO. AF is an introducing broker so they aren't directly in the order entry process.

10. 168

Phoenix rising

so whenever you need to talk to someone with a trade you deal with ghco ? and do you need a big size account to clear Ghco ?

#10     Jun 27, 2003