Advance & Decline Line... where do you find it?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Carterofmars, Sep 5, 2007.

1. I want to view the ADVANCE and DECLINE Line or Chart for the NASDAQ intraday while I'm trading.

Can anyone tell me where I can find this chart live... I use Quote Tracker.

Thanks in Advance.

2. Have you given QuoteTracker a call. On eSignal its $ADD and on Trade Station its $ADV. That's all the help I can give on the subject. It's a very helpful tool however.

Cajun

3. Cajun he has asked for the NASDAQ advance decline not NYSE.

its $ADDQ in esignal. I guess the symbol in quotetracker will depend on his feed.

4. Your right.. Sorry guys.

Yep $ADDQ (Advance - Declines)

$ADVQ

$DECLQ

5. GaryN

GaryN

For Quotetracker with IB use nasdaq:$ad-nasd

6. Daal

Daal

Im trying to get backfill for it on QT with IB feed but it doenst get it. the symbol is right that im sure

7. GaryN

GaryN

I dont think you can get backfill for $AD

8. Bankster

Bankster

What is a backfill?

9. 1. Advance Decline line, whether NYSE or NASDAQ, hinges upon its origin. Different starting point yields a different "number".

2. Intra-day it's of dubious value. An A/D would be a bare bones TRIN without the up and down volume weighting.

3. You'd be better off focusing on the mechanics of price movement of your selected instrument (which may or may not coincide with what's advancing and declining). In other words WHAT puts money in YOUR pocket.

10. I think he asked what is the symbol...

Not if its of value or not.

Further, for some traders, the AD Line helps put money in their pockets on a consistent basis...

Year after year. :cool:

The difference of opinion most likely is due to different method of using it.

Mark

#10     Sep 26, 2007