Advance Decline Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Maverick1, May 15, 2003.

1. doublea

doublea

Eric: Is there any way that I could get that data too? Thanks in advance.

My yahoo user name is: minidowtrader

#11     Mar 25, 2004
  2. doublea

doublea

Does any one here have the advance/decline data?

#12     Mar 26, 2004
  3. I know this thread I am following is a bit dated, but hopefully you'll find the information of some use. My site provides numerous composite / breadth charts, reports and historical data which includes advancing/declining issues, advancing/declining volume, new highs/lows and much more.

I compile this historical data on 61 major indexes and ETFs including the exchange composites, the S&P 500, Dow, SPY, etc. Data is available in .csv (comma delimited) and MetaStock format.

I built this data because I could find it no where else on the internet and use it daily myself. It is updated hourly throughout the trade day.

The URL for .csv format is http://www.masterdata4excel.com.

All the other data, reports and charts are reachable from this URL.

Larry Carhartt
    http://www.masterdata.com

#14     Dec 3, 2005
  4. Thank you Larry, as I was interested in the NYSE info.

erie

#15     Dec 3, 2005
  5. Wow. LP Carhartt and Co. Is this a blast from the past ? I seem to recall this firm from my days at the Merc. How did Larry move from trading Interest rates to IT / data consulting ?

#16     Dec 3, 2005
  6. Well I think I answered my question with a simple google search ........

#17     Dec 3, 2005
  7. Old traders never die, they just trade different stuff.

Seriously, after 6 straight years of of very profitable trading of the T-Bond futures, I had my head handed to me when bonds stopped trending for an unusually prolonged period of time (1987?).

After that, I worked with some large private money managers eventually finding myself taking on more and more computer work. This was my "healing" period.

The composite / breadth data on the MasterDATA site is the combination of this experience and anything I ever knew about markets. I started developing this data, when I found that it still did not exist (even after my 30 years in the financial markets). Composite data is really quite powerful. I wanted it to trade with so decided to do it myself.

Hope it is of use to some of you out there.

Best

Larry Carhartt
    http://www.masterdata.com

#18     Dec 3, 2005

8. Well, you landed somewhere: that is good.

Most of the largest financial institutions in the Los Angeles region are customers of my firm in one way or another.

Is you data quality business your only venture or do you have other interests/foci in the financial or tech sector ?

#19     Dec 4, 2005
  9. I have been working on this (composite data) project for over two years. There is much more to this than you might think.

I also trade for myself, mainly using the composites I generate data on. The web site will soon display some of this trading as an example (I hope) of what can be done with composite / breadth analysis. It really is remarkable data.

On the other hand, the T-bond futures also beckon.

I don't know if I will ever want to trade for others again although that business was very lucrative. For now, I will stick to the game plan of bringing composite / breadth analysis of indexes and ETFs into the mainstream of investing.

Nice to be remembered though. I am far from done.

Best

Larry Carhartt

#20     Dec 4, 2005