ADSL

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HawaiianTrader, Sep 9, 2000.

1. Hi everyone, I just found out I can get ADSL. 750 by 128, I guess upload and download, is this good enough to trade with from the islands ?

------------------
    Use those "STOP Losses !!!"

2. davealex

davealex

I use 144 iDSL to trade from Minnesota (it's kinda like ISDN, but 144k both ways) and it works great.

I know that the net infrastructure in Hawaii is pretty awesome because of the military presence.

You can always go to http://www.dslreports.com/ and check out what other people are saying about their Hawaiian DSL connections.

Dave

3. def

def Sponsor

It should be more than adequate.

4. Thanks, I really appreciate your quick responses :)

------------------
    Use those "STOP Losses !!!"

5. sK

sK

keep in mind that you may experience a small delay for data crossing the ocean from servers in the states. less than a second usually, but could make a difference depending on your trading style. do some ping tests to your quote provider and/or broker.

6. Thanks everyone for your help, finally got ADSL up and running, fly baby fly :) So far the best thing about it is scanning charts at night, sooo fast must save at least half an hour or more. Before I can click/grab the next stock the prior one has already come up :)

I still get some slow times while I'm trading, could be software/servers or just too much on my page, but it's one thing less in my head to worry about.

Thanks again for your help and to everyone else at Elite :)