$ADSK

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cuddles, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Following on the success I've had with ADBE, I like what I'm seeing (much of the same practices (cloud computing/licensing) with a decent chart to boot.

2. ET180

ET180

I dunno...it's run up a lot this year like most things in tech. I don't see support on it until maybe $108. Analyst ratings say it's near fully-valued (don't worry though, they will move up the price targets if it keeps grinding higher). Forward P/E of $98? Implied Vol at or near low over past year. I think I'd take XLK over this one. Why do you like it?

Cuddles likes this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Much like Adobe, somewhat of a monopoly of the sector (from lack of competition mostly, and training of the professionals involved). Thanks for the xlk suggestion, looks like a winner.

4. ET180

ET180

They may have a monopoly, but that fact is nothing new and known by all so it should be priced into the stock as well as a lot of optimism given by the P/E ratio. If they can find some way to mention A.I. in their next earnings call, should be good for an additional $10 - $20 on the stock price. In general, I stick to ETFs unless I can find a compelling reason to own a stock. For example, I added some LNGR today (https://www.globalxfunds.com/funds/lngr/) because it looks like it has formed a nice base around 19.50, but I also like the companies in the ETF and their specific niche within biotech.