Adm. Mullen: The Last Option Is To Strike (Iran) Right Now

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 18, 2010.

1. pspr

pspr

It's coming if they can find any spine in Obama.

NEW YORK, April 18 (Reuters) - The nation's top military officer said on Sunday that a U.S. strike against Iran would go "a long way" to delaying its nuclear program but that he considered doing so his "last option" right now.

"Military options would go a long way to delaying it," Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters after speaking at a forum at Columbia University in New York.

"That's not my call. That's going to be the president's call," he added. "But from my perspective ... the last option is to strike right now." (Reporting by Adam Entous; Editing by Jackie Frank)

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N18147501.htm

2. CET

CET

The key is that it will only delay the inevitable, and they all know this. Something should have been done about Iran by Bush, but with all the deeply underground facilities that Iran now has it is almost impossible to prevent them from being a nuclear power.

Let us know when you volunteer to go help with the invasion to solve the problem. :eek:

3. pspr

pspr

Ha ha ha. They can launch from my back yard any time.

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yep Bush Jr. fucked up. Bush Sr. fucked up. Reagan mishandled Iran. Clinton did no good. And Carter basically caused the whole mess by yanking support for the Shaw. But all of those guys, even Carter, was capable of ordering military action against Iran in a heartbeat and Carter did try to mount a rescue mission.

Obama does not seem up to the task. He seems to want quiet and a few rounds of golf. I'm not sure what to make of it. In a sense he seems to be preparing to look the other way.

5. Targeting the. We need to send about 1,000 cruise missiles down onto the Republican Guard main units, onto every major center of the conservative influence, etc. Kill off the right-wing leadership, and support the moderates. They still remember things like this (Neda, the young girl killed during the protests):

[​IMG]