ADLR - Massive base, Watch me for a breakout

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by topdown, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Actually E I got the $9 slide on the short side so now I've captured the whole move! Stocks tend to overshoot sometimes as this one did. *Word of warning several brokers I know with bad trading histories are now in this stock trying for the ole'
    repeat performance.... you should know that seldom if ever happens...

#11     Sep 3, 2007
  2. ggoyal

ggoyal

this is a funny stock. look at the 1yr or 2yr chart. it always falls in a straight line. it has been flat for quite some time now. good idea to put a limit order at above 4.

#12     Sep 3, 2007
  3. Read between the lines- You might die on the toilet seat

Mon Apr 9 22:02:00 EDT 2007

Reuters reported that GlaxoSmithKline PLC and its partner Adolor Corporation announced their experimental drug to treat constipation due to opioid painkillers was linked to higher risk of heart attacks and other serious heart problems, fractures and skin cancers in a late-stage trial. The drugmakers announced that they had suspended other trials of the drug, called Entereg. The companies said the negative findings came from a year-long Phase III study of Entereg involving 805 patients experiencing bowel dysfunction as a result of taking opioids for treatment of chronic non-cancer pain. The trial showed that 2.6% of patients treated with Entereg suffered cardiovascular events including heart attack, compared with 1.1% of placebo patients. Trials of Entereg as a treatment for constipation due to cancer pain and shoulder surgery were also halted and the company withdrawn plans to conduct the additional Phase III study that was expected to fulfill a request from U.S. regulators for additional safety data.

#13     Sep 4, 2007
  4. Yes, it's interesting Psytrade- with these side effects how could the same drug get orphan status for a new malady???? Still looking into it....

#14     Sep 4, 2007
  5. I do believe there were most likely buy STOP orders above $4 the day it gapped up 19%. Hmmm. How the ax snags prey (identified) in the absence of a short presence to squeeze?

"falls in a straight line" Purely the ax.

Forcing trades is an interesting phenomenom. Looking forward to reading more.

Nope, have NO position. Nor will I. Just lessons in psychology. Cogitive dissonance, rationalization, etc.

As special side note to Stoned, you're a little less verbal about your 9 points short ELON versus your 5 long. Wouldn't call that consistent. Me? I have no tax liability. Just cushion. Like ba ba black sheep, three bags full.

Moving averages. Merely high frequency filters of data series. Could be the # of cheeseburgers sold. OR the # thrown out. No predictive qualities in isolation. An inkling when clustered. ADLR's slow 50 and woefully slow 200 day clearly reflect most days the price is lower rather than higher. Not an exhibitiion of strength. The aforementioned gap would not be encompassed in an EOD computation. I'll save the fallacies of OBV (but yet a modest admiration for Joe Granville) for another day.

#15     Sep 4, 2007
  6. E I'm less verbal because I did it for some accounts I oversee for friends and family and NOT in my personal where I would rather have seen the $'s. You can't win them all all of the time as I have repeatedly discovered. This one stock made several books complete in the hedge fund and brokerage world the last time around I'm always suspect at getting back on the same horse but I'm also week and don't have a ton of ideas right now! Thus I may get there eventually and join you just not right now.... ~ SI

#16     Sep 4, 2007