Adjusted stop TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Mattzigs, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Mattzigs

Mattzigs

Hi all, I would like a little help please. I am having trouble using TWS presets to program an adjustable stop. My strategy involves:

1. initial fixed stop 12 ticks below the entry price, (which goes without a hitch).

2. When a profit target of plus 6 ticks is hit, the stop is moved to entry price minus 6 ticks.

My attempt to program this on TWS presets is included below, but the adjusted stop does not trigger. Could someone please offer some guidance on where I am going wrong please?

Cheers

2. isc1746

isc1746

Just FYI. I use buttons. Right clicked on the Buy Button and customized through the built in screens for profit taking and stop loss, and trailing stop. Read the manual, then googled for tutorial on YouTube. Can also set up hotkeys.

3. Mattzigs

Mattzigs

Yes thanks, I'm familiar with the buttons and hotkeys. My original post outlines the specific issue I am having and I have been researching this topic without success. As far as I can see the presets illustrated should work but for some reason are failing to adjust my stop. I was hoping someone may be able to help me with the issue (outlined in my original post above). (see attached pics).
    Cheers

4. rodras

rodras

Mattzigs,

according to the images, you are only setting the default parameters in the global settings and not placing any order instructions. For that you can place a normal stop-loss order in the order entry and then modify it thru the order ticket. In that menu you fill the Adjust stop / Trailing Stop parameters (that should be pre-filled with the preset values) and then hit transmit to activate it.