Addresses on 1099

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by DataCruncher, Jan 30, 2008.

1. bigarrow,
    thanks for the reply, I really appreciate any details you can give. I'm wondering, does the IRS ever show up at your house or place of business unannounced?

#11     Feb 14, 2008
  2. Two IRS men showed up at my front door back in the early 90's, I wasn't home but it scared the shit out of my wife. I called my accountant and went to his office and signed power of attorneys for all my tax years. He contacted the IRS and I never had to talk to them. I never did find out just why they were coming by my house. If I have any advise concerning the IRS if they are looking at you is to sign a power of attorney with your accountant, CPA, Tax Attorney, and let them deal with them. Then you don't have to worry or stress yourself out.

#12     Feb 14, 2008
  3. bigarrow,
    they didn't attempt to warn you before they showed up at your house? I thought they had to mail you a letter first before they did a field audit.

#13     Feb 14, 2008
  4. I don't know the rules but they showed up unannounced. Unless you have something serious or illegal to hide you shouldn't have anything to worry about. But if your worried have those power of attorneys signed with a tax pro who you trust.

#14     Feb 14, 2008
  5. sim03

sim03

Worked as a tax accountant.

#15     Feb 15, 2008