Adding to a losing position..right or wrong?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EqtTrdr, Dec 16, 2002.

1. I've an inferiority complex, and a superiority complex, and one must be angry in order to maintain face at this location. No I haven't read Carnap yet, and probably won't this year, but I will eventually. I'm currently reading an introductory economics book. I think it's prudent for one to know what one is doing before what one is doing becomes a bad idea.

#41     Mar 23, 2004
  2. Hi again,

Don't worry - be happy. That's why I always take my losses very soon.
    P.S. You should also read G.E. Moore. Common sense. That's a value when trading.

#42     Mar 23, 2004
  3. I close losing postions as soon as I think they will worsen. I don't marry my positions, and even though I spend hours contemplating every one of them. I've made many bad trades, but I've made so many good ones that I'd need to lose many more times in order to fall below what I started with. So you're a forex expert. Tell me about your profession.

#43     Mar 23, 2004
  4. Read my thread.

#44     Mar 23, 2004
  5. tsch

tsch

Excessive averaging down or up takes lots of guts I guess - but I also guess that most traders who operate that way, taking on a truckload of contracts looking to buy themselves out of a loss...probably do quite well for a time then one day the market doesn't conform and whoosh!...they're out of the game, pockets just not deep enough this time. That is cowboy style I guess.

#45     Mar 23, 2004