Adding RAM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Honda, Aug 2, 2001.

1. fast

fast

wirehead, Thanks for your reply to babe714, whose problem is beyond my very limited computer expertise. I always appreciate the willingness of people on this board to help each other.

babe714, I will comment that I found it more difficult to seat the ram in my second computer than in my first one. Hard to tell why because I had both a different computer and different brand of ram. Let us know if wirehead's suggestions work.

Also, just in case you missed it, keep in mind that your computer uses ram sticks in order of their closeness to the processor. If your ram sticks different in MBs, place the largest one closest to the processor. For example, I added a 256MB stick to go with a 64MB stick. I took the 64MB stick out of its slot (which was the slot closest to the processor) and replaced it with the 256MB stick. Then I placed the 64MB stick in the remaining slot.

#41     Sep 14, 2001
  2. babe714

babe714

:D Thanks for the response guys . Turns out it was monitor related .After installing the ram and plugging everything back in I had accidentally plugged the monitor cord in upside down . Thought it did'nt feel right . Looking at it I saw one of the little prongs was bent , so I straightened it hooked things back up and am running fine now .

#42     Sep 15, 2001
  3. UNBELIEVABLE WASTE OF TIME! {{{{shaking head in disbelief}}}}

After working on a computer, The FIRST FIRST FIRST rule is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make sure ALL PLUGS ARE SEATED!!

REMEMBER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(or dont touch it)

shortnfool

#43     Sep 15, 2001