Adding a third monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bellman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. bellman

bellman

Thanks for the advice and reassurance. Looks like it's a go!

#11     Feb 2, 2010
  2. What? I've bought some for <$10.

#12     Feb 2, 2010
  3. Those are really old and really slow. However perhaps not too slow for trading...

#13     Feb 2, 2010
  4. the chip sets must be compatible! smthtg to think about if you don't want headaches

#14     Feb 2, 2010
  5. bkveen3

bkveen3

Does anyone have thoughts on whether the difference between intels quad core CPU is worth the price difference of AMD's quad core? It makes enough of a difference that if I were to get the AMD I could afford another monitor. Is the difference between quad and dual so significant that I wont notice the difference between these products?

#15     Feb 2, 2010
  6. the i5 is a nice sweet spot

and you can overclock it on air!

#16     Feb 2, 2010
  7. Ordered a couple used NVS 280's on ebay.
    Under $70 shipped for the pair, with DVI splitters and driver cd.
    I'll let you know if was a good deal or not.

#17     Feb 3, 2010
  8. bellman

bellman

cool, let us know

#18     Feb 3, 2010
  9. Installed both cards, seem to work fine. This is only the 2nd video install I've done. I mistakenly pulled the previous dual card before I had installed the new drivers, hence, no screen image to enter bios. Doh! Did I do that correctly?
    Still waiting on UPS for the 3rd and 4th monitors, should be in today. 2- 22" Acers from Tigerdirect, $139 each. Free shipping per order.
    Be careful with Tiger, if you order 2 free-shipped monitors, their system calculates it for approx $10 shipping, I did 2 sep. orders, both free shipping.
    I'll update later.

#19     Feb 9, 2010
  10. Shouldn't have to "enter BIOS" at all. Extended Desktop is a Windows function.

Try to run all video cards from same video driver. Inducing a 2nd video driver is often a bad or REALLY bad experience.

#20     Feb 9, 2010