adding a third monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by swinger, Apr 30, 2003.

1. this isnt brain surgery just add another 59 dolla card for cryst sakes

#11     May 10, 2003
  2. Thanks everyone. I bought a 32 Meg PCI card with an NVDA chipset. Works like a charm. I ran into one issue that has me rubbing my chin at the moment. I have an AMD 1600XP. In order to run at 1600, the clock and multiplier has to be set at 133/133. This setting now causes the dreaded blue screen of death to appear right after windows boot screen. Each time the message is different. I believe I’ve seen every possible fault that Microsoft has. If I tone it down to 100/100, it runs at 1054. I’ve tried various hardware configurations including a single APG and PCI card, Removed RAM, and all other PCI components. Even installed a spare freshly formatted hard dive in the system.

The actual triple screen beat my expectations. The original two monitors act as one and the third one sits to the left and is in perfect sync. It’s nice to have the extra real estate.

Thanks again,

Pat

#12     May 11, 2003
  3. Back up and running at 1600. The CPU temp was high. Cleaned the processor and heat sink, and applied thermal compound. Dropped the Temp 15 degs.

Pat

#13     May 12, 2003