addiction

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nukethewhales31, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Redneck

Redneck

Man you got me again

You see I know, not think, but know - Stubbornness is a great trait to have for minimizing loses

You Sir are good:cool:

#21     Jan 15, 2009
  2. Temper, temper, poor old decrepit has-been. Have I stung you in your big fat loser belly before?

Did you think everyone else is dicking around at the back of the line with you? The thing is for years you've been writing endless puffed up posts of advice at ET when all you've ever done is be fearful all your life without the will or clues to be a winner. You've never been able to get your snout into the winners trough. Sweet.:D

#22     Jan 15, 2009
  3. ...that you have no clue what you're talking about.

#23     Jan 15, 2009
  4. What am I missing. We try to capture a portion of the day's swing. Unless you are not a day trader, what was wrong with this statement. I trade on EMAs and chart formations successfully. It sounds like what I try to do everyday.

#24     Jan 15, 2009
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Vtrop22

All this other BS aside – You are correct that’s what we’re all "tying" to do, but it’s not something to design your (a day trader's) methodology around....... – Because how do you know before hand which move will be the day's “major swing”

Answer; You don't , I don’t, and no one else does either....

I try to get measured moves, and every so often - by happenstance - end up on the major move… But I didn’t know it was the major move until it was over Sir

This is where other skills (scaling in, out) will help you stay in the trade longer to see where it wants to go...

But have a trade reverse on you - in a big way - a couple of times and it will teach you real quick not to trust any trend you think exists

Take Care

#25     Jan 15, 2009
  6. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

It is ironic, in that you are so close, but you appear to not see it!

#26     Jan 16, 2009
  7. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

You appear to be closer, and as you rightly say, there are no experts in trading.

Some days the ruler will be so exact you think you have it cracked, other days you will think it is all rubbish!

Knowing the differnece in the days, and why, is a big major step on the path to success.

Unfortunately, there is only one way to learn - HWAD

Some use the 3 T's, others watch the Baskets, but the more you look at, the more you miss!

What can help greatly, is a nice place for a relaxing drink!

#27     Jan 16, 2009
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Well – well what now

First let me apologize to anyone reading this post that becomes offended by my language, or demeanor but every once in a while – well you know

Also for these folks – here’s one of my trading rules;

I shall never get an ego and think I am better than the market, or try to enforce my beliefs, wants, desires on the market.

I will willing take what the market has to offer, – as it offers it.

But, and since it’s the weekend and I won’t need to worry about this rule for a couple of days, –or at the very least – after I finish typing this – here goes

Now as for dumb ass – “nysestocks”

Let me say for the official record

1.) There are more ways to successfully trade the market than I care to count. No one way is the right way or the wrong way – The “only” important thing is each person finds his / her successful way – period

2.) I do not, nor have I ever, – Told anyone how to trade, and / or how to interpret anything regarding trading – It is up to each individual to decide what’s best for them.

3.) I share how I view trading / the market, in hopes it stimulates a thought, an idea, an “ah ha” moment – and helps them through whatever issues, questions, troubles they are having. But if it doesn’t help – then no harm done

Also for the record

“nysestocks” I don’t give to hoots in hell how you trade, interpret, or view anything....–

And I especially don’t give a shit how, or what you think I should do, or should not do,…. think, or not think, know, or not know…

Kindly take your ignorants view of what ever and shove it up your – you know what ..

Put that in your whiskey glass and drink it Sir

Redneck

#28     Jan 17, 2009
  9. i love your attempt to be a bullshitter ... you cant fool a bullshitter... and i sir am a bullshitter...

"some days the ruler will be so exact you think you have it cracked, other days you will think it is all rubbish!" -nyse

"you have to be a leaf floating down the river following the ebb and flow of the waters"
    - trading-naked.com

newbie- are you saying that high volume or low volume can be a resistance or support level?

GURU- im just saying that volume can answer many questions about how price may react and/or a good indication of where it maybe heading.

newbie- um.

sir i now have the confidence to say unless you can post a p/L sheet that shows me your not .... ur full of bull shit.

i trade the same things all day long i grind mini lots all day long ... on good weeks my trades are over 93-94% accurate i just had my worst week ever... i was 74% successful i trade the same thing the same way all the time and that 74% was my fault this week as my mind didnt work right.

attached below is my P/L for the day.. had a good breakout play

im a real trader
    im not a gambler

i can say that i have more willingness to learn / risk / guts/ to pursue something most people say doesnt work or cant be done.

from my experience in trading and people i dont believe that you even come close to knowing what your talking about and i dont mean just in trading i mean in life as well.

love ntw31

#29     Jan 17, 2009

10. By your logic, then absolutely everything in life is a gamble.

--------------------------------------

There is no certainty in a 9-5 job, you can get fired or laid off. Or hate it so much that you get depressed and need to quit.

There is no certainty that even if you live a healthy lifestyle, you still won't get pancreatic cancer or die young from a hidden heart defect.

There is no certainty that if you go get a law degree that you will make the same money as other lawyers, or that you will not find out that you hate it and wasted your time/money on the degree.

You can be a commissioned salesman and have money problems from a few bad months or an industry that goes sour, like R.E.

or take a risk to move somewhere for a new job

or buy inventory for your furniture store that may not sell

ad infinitum

---------------------------------------

So, I ask in all sincerity: can you define how trading is actually any riskier or more of a gamble than any other endeavor in life?

#30     Jan 17, 2009