ADD Personality

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by asdfghj7, Jan 23, 2008.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

LOL:p

#11     Jan 25, 2008
  2. Hilarious!

ADD or is it task avoidance, procrastination? I can seemingly turn ADD on or off at will.

Each day there are several different things I need to get done. Work a little on each one, and rotate to the next. Spin around in the chair, stare out the window off in the distance, one little birdie, two little birdies, crap, mail carrier is here and I should really have sent out that bill. I might have to drive to the post office to get it out today. Let's see, it's due in 2 days, it only takes one day for the mail to get there, maybe two, I'm safe! I am awesome! Crisis averted.

A doctor said I have ADD, but I did not have a bit of ADD when I was employed, except after I got home from work. I didn't have time for ADD at work, I had to get each crisis resolved by yesterday.

At home, however..... What am I gonna do, fire me?

Actual trading I'm doing about 99.9% attention, and accuracy, but with only about 4 trades per day, there is not much excuse, plus I hate losing money from mistakes, and inattention. Systems testing, preparation, etc. is where ADD shows up severely.

I have heard the reason why many people become successful at anything is not from inherent talent nor ability, not by intense focus and concentration of the task, but by eliminating all of the possible distractions.

#12     Jan 25, 2008
  3. ssblack

ssblack

OMG, I haven't laughed this hard in ages, perfect.

I'd tend to say swing trades also, get in, stops/limits, GTFO of the office. :D

#13     Jan 25, 2008
  4. I am the definition of ADD. I am a scalper. I want instant gratifiaction. People with ADD are actually capable of hyper-intensive focus; give an ADD kid videogames and watch him play for hours to see what I mean. It's like that with me and scalping, at least in the morning. When the action dries up my game dries up and my patience dwindles and I can become a gambler. But scalping works great for me and I AM the typical ADD child.

#14     Jan 25, 2008