ADD/ADHD traders

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by hippie, Nov 28, 2010.

1. b4i

b4i

try wellbutrin. and meditate.

#11     Nov 28, 2010
  2. Must agree here. I have horrible ADHD and have no problem focusing on the markets. If I just made 3 or 5 trades per day I think I would die from boredom, but I trade 100s of times per day so I'm always very engaged.

When I was a teenager I had prescription Adderall for daytrading, and it did help a lot, however over time I have come to not need any stimulant medication as the market is sufficiently stimulating to me.

I would think most scalpers have ADHD to some extent.

#12     Nov 28, 2010
  3. Market can be interesting at times. There is also a lot of chop time or waiting time. It is these times that makes staying focused difficult for those with ADD/ADHD.

People with ADHD can be hyper-focused at times and have impossible time stay focused at other times.

#13     Nov 29, 2010
  4. lol

#14     Nov 29, 2010
  5. tortoise

tortoise

Methylphenidate

#15     Nov 29, 2010
  6. I watch a one-second chart to stay alert.

#16     Nov 29, 2010
  7. riddler

riddler

one of the POSSITIVE effects of having adhd is a sympton called "hyper focused"..this basically means you have a difficult time concentration except for one thing that you are compuilsive about and fully immersed in. hyper focusing means you have a tunnel vision but ignore everything else. i know,i have adhd. if you really enjoy trading,focusing is not an issue, the hyper focus will kick in. that tunnel vision should enable you to be very successful. careful of being unorganized though. people with adhd can be very unorganized and that in itself can negatively effect trading.

#17     Nov 29, 2010
  8. AK100

AK100

I'd put A LOT of money that you don't actually have ADD, it's just people have an interest of making you think you have..........Plus, it's somewhat fashionable at the moment isn't it?

Some recent medical research, NOT influenced by money interests, proved that well over half and possibly as high as 75% of people who thought they had the problem, didn't have it.

#18     Nov 29, 2010
  9. do those who take meds for ADD generally have a creep up in dosage over time due to tolerance? that's a big risk

#19     Nov 29, 2010

10. haha no fucking way. They will blow up their account fast.

#20     Nov 29, 2010