Adaptation

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bandit, Aug 3, 2003.

1. I am my system and my system is me!!!

Make of it what you will...

#11     Aug 4, 2003
  2. bandit

bandit

to all those who posted questions in direct questions to me and on the board, will respnd when we slow down at noon or so.
    bandit

#12     Aug 4, 2003
  3. Quote of the year... Amen brother.

#13     Aug 4, 2003
  4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

This subject has been covered extensively here ...

Anyone that has been actively trading the markets for many years - a decade or more say - has had to modify their methods in non-trivial ways several times. Any individual or company that claims that they trade profitably using techniques which completely disregard general market dynamics and in a non-adapting way should not be believed.

This is no secret ....

#14     Aug 4, 2003
  5. bandit

bandit

Make no mistake to all who read this. Trading could very well be the most difficult endevor that one can undertake as a profession. Most people are not willing to say that they are wrong, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN SUCCESSFULL AT ANOTHER PROFESION.

Most people do not understand how difficult it is to trully design a successful trading system that will last for more than a year.

In order to be able to be adaptive in trading you must experience different trading styles. YOU CAN NOT EXPERIENCE DIFFERENT STYLES WITHOUT LOSSES!!! PERIOD, NO EXECPTIONS.
    let me say that again to sink in.....

YOU CAN NOT EXPERIENCE DIFFERENT TRADING STYLES WITHOUT LOSSES!!! And those that are not willing to lay it on the line in the name of knowledge are doomed to get a job.

I wish all well, but to this day I have not seen a system designed in the 90's still around today. They have all been tweeked, changed, updated, ect.... TO ADAPT.

I have included this AM's trades to prove my point. I have been short, long, scalped and even positioned. I am still long AVB 1000 at 47.27 for the hell of it, with a stop of 47.27 in, and let it ride. Up 1047, and after comish, up 750 without postion on. I don't kill it everyday, but this is below average for me, but a good living, and day not over yet!!!!!

#15     Aug 4, 2003
  6. DT-waw

DT-waw

Eureka! I didn't know that... LOL

Hint: try larger fonts and put more !!! at the end of each line. Speak louder, we ALL must hear ya.

#16     Aug 4, 2003
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Try working it in with a daytime job sometime!!

I have a whole bunch of schemes for trading spread over all sorts of bar intervals, trouble is I have to get one working well enough to replace the job.

There is little doubt in my mind that being willing, even eager to adapt is a big thing.

#17     Aug 4, 2003
  8. bandit

bandit

Hey DT, forgive me for trying to emphasize something that alot of people don't realize. Try helping people next time.

#18     Aug 4, 2003
  9. DT-waw

DT-waw

OK.
    No losing weeks for 5 years - congratulations :D Do you have plans to manage OPM?

#19     Aug 4, 2003
  10. bandit

bandit

Hey I enjoy my nice cushy life. Been trading my own money since 1992, The only boss I have is my wife, (and the 3 year old at times). What a life with no one to answer too.

Life is too good to screw it up like that.
    Bandit

#20     Aug 4, 2003