Adam Feurstien of RM said does Madoff investors deserve a bailout from tarp?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mahram, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Yes the big investors will be bailed out, the little ones will get crumbs. Don't ever think the game is not rigged.

Just watch how the American tax payers turns over its hard earned cash to failed scam artisits.

#11     Dec 16, 2008
  2. cane1214

cane1214

I believe the max is $500k. There's some politicians who also got hosed so chances are there will be a bailout imho.

#12     Dec 16, 2008
  3. well the systemic risk is that banks,hedgefunds, foundations, etc will lose billions, and cause massive layoffs b/c some banks put alot of money into madoff funds. They also count those madoff funds as assets and used as collatorol, causing systemic risk to the system. thats what the aim said, so I guess they might get 10 billion or something.

#13     Dec 16, 2008
  4. From what I've read, the vast majority of the investments were from trusts, funds, private investors, endowments, etc. The financial institutions that had money with Madoff was mostly on the behalf of clients, not actual corporate capital. Now, those institutions may face some liability from lawsuits over due diligence in deciding where to place clients' investment funds, but that will take years. I don't think there are any corporate capital problems stemming from this fiasco, particularly none with U.S. banks.

#14     Dec 16, 2008
  5. Madoff was a good old boy who's been around for decades.

Nobody saw this coming because they couldn't fathom someone who had such a tenured history of professionalism as being such an out-and-out greed driven crook.

No one deserves anything from this, except Madoff himself, and 20 years in the pen ain't enough.

They get nothing.

#15     Dec 16, 2008
  6. It's $100k if its cash.

#16     Dec 16, 2008
  7. They sold these as products to their wealthy clients. The banks lost nada (well, they lose assets under management they don't get future fees on).

#17     Dec 16, 2008
  8. You're deluded. Bailouts are good for the economy and stock market because the money is free.

#18     Dec 16, 2008
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

NO!

But then neither does anyone else.

#19     Dec 16, 2008