Actual video to the wikileaks story

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

2. sad really.

If you commit murder, even if you are not punished in this life, for the many to come, you will have to answer for it. There is no escape.

#32     Apr 6, 2010
  3. It is this type pacifist approach to war that get's our own guys killed. Don't fire unless fired upon first? How nice for the enemy! They get to shoot at me, I must hope they miss, and then they're gone, off to take another pot shot down the road.
    Comparing men in combat to a police officer is absurd, and again, because we have reduced our military force to being cops on the beat, people die needlessly. They ain't cops!
    Kill or be killed, no it's not? Sorry, yes it is! Their job is to kill enemy before getting killed themselves. When in a hostile environment, you get the drop the the bad guys and kill them.
    Here's the problem. Our enemies do not burden themselves with trying to find morality in war, and we do. There is no morality! War is brutal in a way that most cannot understand. There is no nice way to kill people, which why my stance is military troops should not be sent in to combat until all means of peaceful negotation have been exhausted. Further, once those means have been exhausted, we must then evaluate the actual threat to our nation. If that threat is determined to be grave and imminent...unleash hell, and brother, hell is what it is. Before you judge me, or they guys in this video, as the saying goes, walk a mile in my shoes.

#33     Apr 6, 2010
  4. what threat? the guys were reporters carrying cameras.

Ronald Reagan: "retaliation in which innocent civilians are killed is 'itself a terrorist act.'"

#34     Apr 6, 2010
  5. Well wiz kid, the threat was the other guys with weapons, or what could easily be mistaken as weapons considering it's a f'n combat zone. And, as I wrote in the other thread refering to this topic, if you're gonna' film combat you might get shot yourself. It goes with the job. Finally, fuck ronnie rayguns, he was an asshole cowboy for which I had no use.

#35     Apr 6, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

The killing has to be done in some circumstances. But what's sickening about this event is that the soldiers appear to relish the killing. I believe that's a function of the cowardly way war is increasing waged, ie. at longer distances, with greater detachment, and with push-buttons. It's more game-like every year.

#36     Apr 6, 2010
  7. what other guys with weapons. there were no shots fired. after we gunned down the innocent reporters we also destroyed a family who stopped and tried to offer assistance. did you even watch the video before you ran your mouth?

#37     Apr 6, 2010
  8. I agree, it's hard to watch people having what appears to be a good time for them while people are dieing. And yes, killing at a distance is more game like than up close and personal.
    We want our soldiers to be professional and business like. Nice idea, but it ain't reality. Sadly, there comes a point, when you are actually engaged with the enemy, you wanna' see them suffer and die. The reality of what you've done comes after the fact. It's a hard truth to live with, but when you're actually in the shit, at that precise moment in time you are at your most primal, and killing the son of a bitch on the other side is a f'n rush. Coming down from that primal moment is what drives men crazy as time passes. You just cannot believe what you did, but....fuck I dunno'. I hate this fucking shit.

#38     Apr 6, 2010
  9. yes, I watched the video. IMO they were justified in the action they took. People die in a combat zone. Simple as that!

#39     Apr 6, 2010
  10. if what we did is justified then every terrorist that plants an ied in a road to kill our troops is justified.

#40     Apr 6, 2010