Active Traders

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by art of trading, Oct 26, 2002.

1. #31     Oct 29, 2002
  2. nitro

nitro

#32     Oct 29, 2002
  3. The best indicators I have found for intraday trading are a 1 minute chart overlaid with the Bollinger bands and with a seperate MACD study with Stochastics (Slow and Fast) overlaid on the study below the chart. I have found that when all the above indicators "agree" that something is oversold or overbought and beginning to turn back toward the base trend, there is no better entry point (either long or short).

Works for me.

#33     Oct 29, 2002
  4. How many of you saw that rebound coming? What indicators did you use?

#34     Oct 29, 2002
  5. jturner

jturner

Made some money with INVN. I am not keeping overnight though. I have been doing well with daytrades and am sticking to it for now. Would love to return to swing when the trend is more definitive.

#35     Oct 29, 2002
  6. Not a good time for short. Any selloff is accompanied by a major rebound. Shorts cant win all the time.

#36     Oct 30, 2002
  7. It is hard to try and fade the up move right now. I have been buying dips and it is working. I have been using a good fade strategy. I look for below 20 day moving average crosses and buy them if I think the market will bounce.

#37     Oct 30, 2002
  8. MACD worked today with KLAC. Made half a point with the divergence.

#38     Oct 30, 2002
  9. It's pretty hard to use indicators for intraday. I look at price only when daytrading.

#39     Oct 30, 2002
  10. Now is a good time to sell short. At least temportaily.

#40     Nov 1, 2002