Active Traders for Asian names

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by econometrics, Jul 9, 2009.

1. how do active traders access to asian markets (HK/Japan)?? thru a broker like Etrade/IB??? any other cheaper ways?

2. NevouS

NevouS

I also wonder what prop firms operate in China rather than title/swift.

3. India, Singapore & Hong Kong are available on IB.

4. Be careful, the Asian equities world is very tricky. If you're a Westerner, it may be safer for you to stay out of this game.

There are some very serious interests at play there, and a Western retail trader can get easily crushed.

Establish contacts with locals if you are serious about this, maybe local prop firms etc.

5. Hello HA

I'm sure the OP will heed your warning. I am in India and just became an IB client, so when I saw the post, replied with what I knew.

But, I'm curious. What exactly you mean by that. Since getting into technical analysis, I have been beginning to think that our markets, specifically the liquid scrips/futures would be a goldmine for a good TA.

Very few people do TA except for Domestic/Foreign Funds and few professionals so TAs would have more of an edge, as markets move with fundamentals & rumours.

Of course, anyone playing in non-liquid securities prone to manipulation, would burn his/her hands, but that would apply everywhere, not only Indian/Asian markets.

With regards.
    Sanjay.

6. Hi Sanjay,

What I was saying was if you're getting into any emerging markets (and you're right, it's not Asia only), you may not know all the factors that affect local stocks.

BRIC markets are less efficient than their more mature counterparts in Europe/US. They offer more prospects, but they are less efficient, for various reasons.

So someone not familiar with the local nuances, may be better off trading a country ETF, or get advice from someone with local knowledge, if want to trade individual stocks.

That said, I think India is the leading market in the region and number one among BRIC countries.

7. Well, that part-sentence contains the core of my question :D

Would you care to elaborate on some issues?

I will be trading American & European Stock & Commodity futures markets by next year. So comparison of market nuances and perceptions seems to be the best way of learning about western markets and how some of their concepts can be used to get an edge in home markets.

Sanjay.