Active Trader Magazine

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Foz, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Foz

Foz

Could someone who has the February issue tell me if the dynamic breakout system in the System Lab section is an end of day strategy or intra-day? Could you also explain the jist of the strategy?

I don't get the magazine but check the activetradermag website every month to see the table of contents.

2. Something like this:

1. Go long on the open if yesterday's close is higher than the highest high of the lookback period.
    2. Exit by reversing the position.

I haven't read the whole thing, but from the above rules I would say it's an end of day strategy. The reference chart is Oats, and it has them in the trade from May to October.

Hope this helps.

kp

3. Foz

Foz

Thank you, abishiai.

I hope they tested the strategy on a bunch of markets and not just Oats!

4. Yeah, It's just that OATS gives such a pretty picture. :D

If my scanner was working.... but.

kp

5. anyone who's got the latest issue of AT.. There's an article on MACD triplethreat. Bierovic recommends a set of parameters other than 12,26,9. He recommends 13,8 something. What is it? Thanks.

6. Boomer

Boomer

do yall find this magazine useful? is it a monthly buy for most traders? just wondering what others though about it.

7. BSAM

BSAM

8. BCE

BCE

Used to get it for free the first two years it came out but now I have to buy it if I'm interested. Did anyone else get a free subscription? Or are you now getting it for free? I guess everyone gets SFO for free. I like Active Trader. It has some good content and some interesting and useful information.

9. I received it free for awhile with "Compliments of MetaStock" on every issue. When that ran out, I signed up for a subscription.

It won't make me rich, but I enjoy the trader profiles, news and the broad array of TA it covers. Plus, I like supporting a quality magazine for this industry.

kp

10. u130747

u130747

The article says 3-8-13 on page 47.

Bert:D

#10     Feb 5, 2003