Active Licenses / low fees capital

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by UserUser283, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Is there a place I could join and deposit like 5k and not do anything too risky and keep my series 7 and 66 active?
    What kind of fees are there, are there any place that has extremely low fees?

2. I'm not sure about the 66 but any registered US prop firm can register your 7. Since props trade their own capital, they have no reason to have registered investment advisers in the organization.

Be aware that regardless of what firm you join you will be subject to monthly fees like data, compliance, etc. and still have to complete continuing education when required. I'd say you can estimate that even without placing 1 trade, you'll be paying rough 3000-4000 a year to keep your license registered and that is without losing 1 cent on a trade.

Another point to keep in mind, if you register with a firm and don't trade at all, they can u5 you at any given time which most firms often do at the end of the year.

To be honest, if you're intentions are just to park your license somewhere, you aren't going to have many choices. If the license has no application to prop trading (like a series 66), it would throw up red flags to regulators as to why you are registered there. You are probably better off letting the 66 expire and taking it over if you get back into that field. The 7 you can hold on to if you're willing to pay the fees which are probably around $1000 upfront and a few hundred a month for the platform and any other fees.