Active ES traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by EurostoxxSux, Jul 8, 2010.

1. if you have over $25,000 and get daytrader margins it's 4 to 1

so with futures you do get over 4 times more leverage,

but if your using market orders and trading like I do then you really need to be trying to make around 2 points or more per trade,
    and I suck at that.

With SPY trades I can most of the time get in and have the market move 4 to 6 ticks in my direction, which is still usually always a loss with the ES but a profit with SPY.
    and I would much rather have a lot of little profits than try to load up on ES contracts and knock one out of the ball park, because for some reason that just never happens for me.

#21     Aug 1, 2010
  2. joe4422

joe4422

It depends on how you trade. I'm currently up more than 60 points with my ES swing.

#22     Aug 2, 2010
  3. Surdo

Surdo

My impression is you are in high school and have a demo account.

#23     Aug 2, 2010
  4. What is basically your question if there is "somebody" trading more than 4k rt´s a day ? is it about scalping the DOM / slippage or what are you looking for ?:confused:

#24     Aug 4, 2010
  5. JNR

JNR

I do around 2500 cars/day...not 8000 but i'm active

#25     Aug 4, 2010
  6. plyka

plyka

Lol, i get the same feeling. The first clue is assuming that trading 4k round turns means that you're a big shot. I've heard of idiots jumping on the computer with $15k in their account and running it to zero by trading ever few seconds with as many contracts as they can muster. The 2nd clue was attempting to use that to try and "let people know" you're a big shot. I can't believe that a true big shot would do such a thing.

But then again, who knows, it is possible we are talking to one of the richest men in the Union!

#26     Aug 8, 2010
  7. if trading spy instead of ES, you need to trade 500 shares per trade to equal 1 /ES. Margin on sogo is 500x spy / 4 ?

#27     Aug 8, 2010
  8. Paul Rotter from Germany, 32 years old, is one trader that has made €50-60+ million ($65-78 million) per year for 10 years trading the most liquid contracts at the biggest futures exchange in the world, Frankfurts Eurex debt futures, primarily the Bund contract.

#28     Aug 8, 2010
  9. Surdo

Surdo

http://www.moneytec.com/forums/f33/worlds-most-successful-scalping-trader-14759/

If you are going to cut and paste from MoneyTec, at least post the link, we call that plagiarism here.

#29     Aug 8, 2010