Active ES traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by EurostoxxSux, Jul 8, 2010.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Your quite right. Thank you. I must have been having a senior moment.

#11     Jul 9, 2010
  2. Yes. Check the T&S and DOM and OTR charts.

#12     Jul 9, 2010
  3. still no one?

#13     Jul 12, 2010
  4. Kap

Kap

I've done 60 lots over 100 times a day back in 2008, that must count, what would you like to talk about ?

#14     Jul 12, 2010
  5. I just started keeping track of the number of minutes I am in a trade, for today my shortest trade today was 22 seconds, my longest trade was just over 2 minutes.

I did just notice a pattern that I didn't know about, after placing a trade I frequently place my next trade at 3 minutes.

currently I am just saving all my trades, I am thinking about trying to get them into a database where I can analyze them for trends.

I usually don't trade the first 2 minutes after the open, but then I trade until the close.

#15     Jul 30, 2010
  6. Hey EuroStoxx. I think the guy you are looking for is John's Glouck. He's really active. I heard he trades from New York these days.

Good Luck

#16     Jul 30, 2010
  7. ammo

ammo

you need market maker rates to trade that much

#17     Jul 30, 2010
  8. one tick covers your commissions on the ES with almost any broker.

but if you really want to save on commissions you can trade the SPY and use sogo trade, they are $3 flat and as far as I know that is for an unlimited number of shares.

so unlike trading futures where you are charged per contract with sogo the larger you trade the cheaper it is.
    With a large account your basically trading for free.

but the real reason I am going to switch is because the fills are much better than with any of my futures brokers.

when your scalping like I do with futures a lot of the time I am getting out flat or losing one tick.

but trading SPY most of those same trades are up 1 or more ticks.

I should say I also always use market orders, so with futures I am losing a tick but that equals 2.5 ticks on SPY. If you do enough trades that difference is huge.

#18     Jul 30, 2010
  9. ammo

ammo

whats your margin for spy ? 2/1

#19     Jul 30, 2010
  10. You are exactly right, from a high volume scalpers perspective ES offers very little, between commissions and the large tick size your lucky to even come out even. If they would so choose to just drop the tick size to .10 and $10 per tick ($100) point, and drop commissions bye 50% there would be no better market for high volume short term trading...

The thing is it's not a problem anymore, we got CL now.. Just can't throw 200 lots at a time at it. Other then that it makes a lot of sense for scalpers or swingers..

#20     Jul 30, 2010