Active during Asian Hours

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Cmoss, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Cmoss

Cmoss

Hey All,

I am looking through a few different pairs that are particularly active during the asian hours besides XXXJPY pairs.

Do any with low spread come to mind?

2. Australia overlaps, so AUD pairs.

In fact, 8:30 pm CT tonight AUD monetary policy minutes should bring some activity.

CBC and Cmoss like this.
  3. I wouldn't describe them as particularly active, serious moves still take place during the London and New York hours, but the AUD and NZD crosses react to data releases during their hours, so you might find action there. I'm away from my workstation, but narrowest spreads would be AUDUSD, NZDUSD, followed by their crosses with JPY and EUR. EURNZD has a spread of >4 pips now (New York session) was as high as 8 when I had a position that was moving briskly a while back, but I don't see that as a deal breaker, it is a tiny fraction of the daily range.

From memory something like USDMXN or USDTRY can have a spread >0.20 ATR so I only trade those longer term. If your view of a decent spread is like mine, check out those crosses.

CBC and Cmoss like this.
  4. Oh and obviously AUDNZD, I've had some good swing trades there.

5. Cmoss

Cmoss

very well, I totally forgot about our aussie and kiwi cousins

CBC likes this.
  6. any major pairs can be active when their current prices are substantially deviated from their intrinsic value because speculators will want to exploit such an arbitrage opportunity. But like justtrading said, yen, aussie and kiwis can be relatively more active

Zr1Trader likes this.
  7. Cmoss

Cmoss

hahahah ok

8. Cmoss

Cmoss

good call!

that was fun, nice chunk of pips :D

9. I am not a forex trader myself, but is the Korean Won (KRW) interesting for traders in Asia?

10. There is usually quite a bit spread on KRW so is only worth trading long term

#10     Apr 18, 2017