Active DOM traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bugra01, Jul 2, 2020.

1. bugra01

bugra01

How I can make my own edge/approach on DOM. I have one on charts. But most of profs ı have ever seen using DOM. How are they creating strategies? I feel missing cause of not having an approach about DOM except looking for current liquidity.

I am waiting your priceless comments and resource advices :)

2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

What's your average hold time ?

You getting commission rates less than what the typical trader is paying ?

Your trade execution platform suitable for DOM trading ?

You exclusively using the DOM (no charts) ? Thus, not sure what you mean by you have one on charts.

wrbtrader

bugra01 likes this.
  3. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

i find it hard to believe a point and click trader would ever find an edge looking at dom.

sophisticated algo? maybe.

4. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

You can look at different things.
    But it's a different game than Charting IMHO

It's more about ...

Large orders,
    Does the market try to fill it ?
    Are these orders moving ?
    Can the market fill it ?
    Price slippage ?

Spoofing,
    Fake liquidity ?
    Did the market got trapped ?

Prints Imbalance,
    How is the imbalance handled ?

Advances,
    How the liquidity reload ?
    How is the agressivness evolving ?

Bla, Bla, Bla
    Not a PRO by far.

But you need to look for market structure dynamics.
    Market interactions, what's displayed and what's hidden,
    Then how the market react to what's displayed, hidden and tricks.

bugra01 likes this.
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yeah, that's another question to ask to determine if someone is using the proper setup for DOM trading because the trader is competing via a certain way against Algorithms that are deep pocketed and plays the game very well.

wrbtrader

bugra01 likes this.
  6. bugra01

bugra01

Hi, My platform is atas. I am holding position only intraday that is targeting 10-20 points. But sometimes so many reverses in a row are killing this 10 to 20 profit. So, I am searching a way to avoid serial reversals.

7. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Enough edges to find on the DOM, but you have to know how the respective markets works and where the hedges are. Staring at an ES DOM won't do anything for you, but looking at the entire yield curve via STIRs and treasuries together with a DOM of the yen will give you a good insight into the flow of the day.

From there it's just you and your journal

yc47ib and bugra01 like this.
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yeah, but what's your average hold times in your trades on the intraday ?

Also, you have not actually been trading with real money until you figure out this thing called DOM trading ?

wrbtrader

bugra01 likes this.
  9. bugra01

bugra01

There is no any specified time. When the market hits 10 or 20 points (it changes according to recent trades' pnl situation) sometimes 15min, sometimes 3 hours. I am trade full time but not with real money yet. There are some issues about my trade plan I must analyse. I am searching and searching about them.

10. p0box4

p0box4

I don't think you will find an edge in trading the DOM if your target is to make 10-20 points on a trade.

All information out there that i have read about trading the DOM is about scalping for ticks.

#10     Jul 2, 2020
    Zytrade, bugra01 and Sekiyo like this.