Actions will betray a lie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sulong, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Dead is dead, eh?

Then you have no problem when dead US soldiers bodies are desecrated...

#11     Jan 16, 2007
  2. Nope! I show my enemy no mercy and would not expect any in return. Sooner, or later, Americans will realize their is no morality to be found in war, which is exactly why people should think long and hard before firing the first shot. Our leaders didn't, nor did most people. Get it through your fucking heads, war is for killin'. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't have the stomach for it? THEN DON"T FUCKING GO!!!!!!!

#12     Jan 16, 2007
  3. Heh, nice job CO. Your nick is appropriate.

#13     Jan 16, 2007
  4. Okay, let me research this, but no restriction to the U.S.

#14     Jan 16, 2007
  5. By MARIA CHENG, AP Medical Writer
    Mon Jan 15, 6:42 PM ET

The last major advance in the technology of hangings was made in the 19th century, when tables were devised to calculate both the length of rope needed to kill, and the distance of the necessary "drop."

Still, these drop tables are only a rough guide, cautions Geoffrey Abbott, ...

"A person could weigh an amount that required a length of 8 feet, but because his neck is particularly scrawny, his head might come off," Abbott said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070115/ap_on_sc/iraq_hanging_science

#15     Jan 16, 2007
  6. #16     Jan 16, 2007
  7. 'We' hung, not beheaded, mass murderers who together were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children. If you don't like the death penalty for mass murderers, have the balls to come out and say it. Act like a man.

I will do what you don't have the balls to do. I will come out and say that I am against the death penalty under any circumstances. I will also say that if I try to tell that to a father as he contemplates the animal who has murdered his 10 year old child, I am not expecting much sympathy.

They beheaded innocent young journalists and aid workers. It is the most heinous act of barbarism imaginable and proves that they have no respect for human life.

You sicken me and I wish you would take the Toronto out of your screen name. Either that or admit publicly that you are an Arab immigrant and Al Qaeda sympathizer.

#17     Jan 16, 2007
  8. I have a problem with the premise of this thread, which is that the US was somehow complicit or responsible for this incident. This was an Iraqi government operation.

#18     Jan 16, 2007
  9. The author says the tables are not an exact science. Weight is not the only factor. Consider a weak spine that torturers often have, as in the case of Saddam's half brother. Occasionally some people lose their heads. It happens.

Imperfect execution shows the need for more practice. The 19th century tables are outdated. Imagine using today's technology to revise the tables.

Can't see the point in the death penalty anyway. Perhaps solitary confinement for life with lots of time for reflection.

#19     Jan 16, 2007
  10. gblnking

gblnking

Who gives a shit whether he hung or his head was torn off. Dead either way is dead. What a stupid thread.

#20     Jan 17, 2007