Acrary is a genius!

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by greaterreturn, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blotter please.

#51     May 5, 2008
  2. Do not listen to anyone! I repeat, do not listen to anyone!

If you come up with a strategy, test it out on paper or a small account. It is the only way to find the answer.

Pension_Admin

#52     May 5, 2008
  3. For example means just that for the case of looking at the market's capacitiy at a moment in time. The moment was when the capacity showing was 500 contract level.

When it is 500 contracts, it is still possible to trade 2500 contracts at that moment was the point I was making. It was addressed to the circumstance that traders face who have a lot of capital to trade.

To see the blotter of any of these people or all of them, it is well known that a person simply looks at the T&S streaming. So go look at the T&S streaming and simply note each 500 contract trade in the front month. This is the equivalent of a blotter for a lot of individuals. You probably should think about why someone still has to explain this to you.

Were I to say for example look at callmate's hold for 10 points, I would say to you: "for example, look at a 1 contract hold by callmate for several minutes where the entry and exit signal used, netted 10 points.

Naturally you would reply with a Q like: "Was that the only trade of the day?"

#53     May 5, 2008

4. Perhaps, people have chosen not to provide the information you feel is owed you because you burned too many bridges under a previous alias. Then again, you feeling 'entitled' to something, for whatever reason, does provide a chuckle or two.

Fortunately, confident individuals don't have a need to validate their own self worth by seeking 'street cred' on an anonymous message board.

I fail to understand why you don't simply add people to your ignore list you feel contribute posts which have little or no value. Stomping your foot and demanding information failed to provide you a benefit last time. I expect a similar result this go 'round as well.

- Spydertrader

#54     May 5, 2008
  5. *sigh*

1. Seriously... all you need to start testing on your own. He said this... She said that... GREAT. We're back in high school. I can't seem to understand why people don't get the fact that... nothing is worth mentioning until the idea has been thoroughly tested.

TEST EVERYTHING.

2. I got exposed to AIS via acrary's thread a while back. I looked into it... coded it... and guess what... AIS in itself is the same ol' thing as Neural Net or Genetic Optimization.

It's a matter of providing the engine with the correct information and selection criteria. There's nothing new to this... what acrary mentions, as is, does not need AIS.

3. This thread IS about a bunch of monkeys who are ranting back and forth with their baseless rationalism.

acrary... are you trading right now? You're starting to sound retarded like the rest of the group....

#55     May 6, 2008
  6. What do you mean by AIS? Artificial immune system?

#56     May 6, 2008
  7. es175

es175

haha, i see things differently. for me, this thread has a pretty high participation rate of posters i enjoy reading (yourself included).

i'm waiting to see if i learn something.

#57     May 6, 2008
  8. Joab

Joab

Maestro,

I'm glad someone stepped up on this thread.

I've read allot of acary stuff and found no use for it at all in the real trading world.

I always thought he was over hyped here in ET.

#58     May 6, 2008
  9. Gents,

some of you should visit us at nuclearphynance.com

The people there will have a good laugh over some of the rubbish discussed here :D

#59     May 6, 2008
  10. Acrary is a genius ?!
    because someone on ET says so ?

Where can I find publications, books,papers about this gentleman ?

#60     May 6, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.