Acorn and Obama-both are nuts!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Mercor

Mercor

“I’ve been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career . . . even before I was an elected official,” stated Obama — ACORN’s one-time attorney — on his campaign website in November 2007. “When I ran the Project Vote voter-registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.”

“Frankly, it’s not really something I’ve followed closely,” President Obama told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on September 20’s This Week. “I didn’t even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money,” Obama added. “This is not the biggest issue facing the country. It’s not something I’m paying a lot of attention to.”

Obama....You Lie!!! (Joe Wilson)

2. Mercor

Mercor

Obama and more tax cheats.....

ACORN CEO Bertha Lewis told Fox News Sunday on September 20 that her group “absolutely pays its taxes.” But her claim crumbles before the $548,213.25 federal tax lien that the Internal Revenue Service filed against the embattled New Orleans-based activist organization. Louisiana state tax officials also have slapped $334,121.43 in tax liens on ACORN since last October 29.
    ACORN skipped five Social Security and Medicare tax payments between third quarter 2005 and first quarter 2008. ACORN made no federal unemployment-tax payments for the fourth quarters of 2007 and 2008.
    We have made a demand for payment of this liability, but it remains unpaid,” reads IRS form 668(Y). The IRS consequently has placed liens on ACORN’s New Orleans offices at 2609 Canal Street and 2610 Iberville Street. This latest federal action follows the $1 million invoice that the IRS already handed ACORN, as Pelican reported last August.
    “We have a full-scale investigation into ACORN and all of its subsidiaries,” Tammi Arender, spokesman for Louisiana Attorney General Bobby Caldwell recently stated. “No stone will be left unturned. We’re still looking into their recent activities.” Caldwell subpoenaed ACORN, former ACORN head Wade Rathke, and the group’s financial institution, Whitney Bank. Caldwell seeks information stretching back to 1998 on ACORN and some 361 tax-exempt and non-tax-exempt outfits in its universe.

The Pelican State’s chief prosecutor should peruse the Louisiana Workforce Commission’s July 2 notice indicating that ACORN dodged state unemployment insurance payments for all four quarters of 2008 totaling $1,382.69.

The Louisiana Department of Revenue last November 24 alerted ACORN that it owed $26,036.01 for nine state-withholding-tax payments that it failed to pay between June 30, 2007, and May 31, 2008.

Citizens Consulting, Inc. — ACORN’s bookkeeping arm, no less — scored a “Notice of State Tax Assessment and Lien” on Oct. 29, 2008. It details 66 withholding-tax payments that Citizens Consulting skipped between Dec. 31, 2002 and June 30, 2008. Total: $306,702.73.