ACM is 5 pips on majors, not 3... (std accts)

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by 2cents, Nov 15, 2005.

1. dunno, i don't do that, risk/reward no good imho... easy enough for them to trigger yr order, AND yr stop loss, ahead of the figure if they choose to... just one of those quick 20 pips whipsaws, just for yr acct, or across the book...
    nothing's ever 100% but thats pretty much true. but then again, if they shift the quotes 6-8 pips or more against u to penalize u on the exit as explained earlier in this thread, whats the good of all the wyciwyg stuff...?
    this thread is mostly about individual pricing / shifting the spread which by nature only happens when u r in a position... now, they do widen occasionally as well, notably on figures - i typically see a 15-25pip spread in the minute before & after most UK figures for instance, but thats just because they like me... - same as at most brokers, only worse...

#51     Jan 20, 2006

2. Although ACM Java platform is simple and quick to use,
    nearly every time when markets are volatile, it goes down and stops responding, so you cant close your trade or rates stop refreshing. 'Live chat' is busy with other desperate traders - so you don't know where you are.

Customer service leaves much to be desired - i am waiting for them to reply to my email for over a week.

#52     Jan 20, 2006
  3. i never used their new java platform, only the flash... not perfect but rather good on balance, for a single-broker dealer type platform

#53     Jan 20, 2006
  4. igor123

igor123

2cents,

Question for you. How fast do they bring back the spread to normal after shifting it.

thanx.

#54     Mar 28, 2006
  5. not trading there anymore, therefore will abstain this time sorry mate

#55     Mar 28, 2006
  6. Patyomkin

Patyomkin

They wait about 30sec to 1 minute.
    But that could only be with my account ;}
    Personal treatment...
    As during the last NFP my spreads widened to about 60 pips.
    I couldn't get in.
    If you have an open position with a stop before the news the spread widening will knock it out.

#56     Oct 17, 2006