ACM is 5 pips on majors, not 3... (std accts)

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by 2cents, Nov 15, 2005.

1. ...i'll give u 1 pip on all pairs if u send me money to my sarfie acct mate... how reputable these 2 wld u say?

#31     Dec 11, 2005
  2. hagadol

hagadol

I see that AC Markets got a court ruling, this week, to let them dilute the Refco 51% stake to less than 25%.

Anyone trading with them and has something positive to say !?

#32     Dec 17, 2005
  3. Xenia

Xenia

#33     Dec 17, 2005
  4. if you don't mind 'individual pricing' to the tune of 1-7 pips against you when you are into a position, and can live with spreads widening up to 30, even 70 pips sometimes and completely outside of news announcements etc (dealer getting mad or system glitches...) for a few minutes at a time, then, yes... they're good...

#34     Dec 18, 2005
  5. I just discovered a mistake in my proposed strategy. The second and larger entry would need to be in the same direction as the first and smaller entry.

It is also important to recognize that this strategy would, at best, neutralize a broker's individualized pricing, so as to prevent loss resulting from that pricing, but this strategy would not, by itself, generate a profit.

#35     Jan 8, 2006
  6. correct, although there are ways to profit from it but not immensely...

#36     Jan 8, 2006

7. Hi, I can see that you are using ACM,

do they allow <b>'scalping'</b>?

They gave the following answer to 'scalping' question:

see attachment

Thanks

#37     Jan 18, 2006
  8. thks! v.honest answer from them. doesn't that and the rest of the info i have posted earlier in the thread answer yr question though?

#38     Jan 18, 2006

9. No, it doesn't really answer to what was said on this thread.

Within forex, arbitrage is the purchase or sale of 3 or more instruments and gaining profits on their discrepancy. There are no arbitrage opportunities when only 2 currencies are involved.
    ACM was talking about ‘not paying spread’

Or do you have a different idea what ‘price-picking or arbitraging prices’ is?

#39     Jan 18, 2006
  10. You are thinking of one particular textbook example of arbitrage (3 securities), assuming a perfect, idealized, ivory tower market. In the real world, even 2 securities is not necessary. Scalping 1 currency pair with accounts at 2 dealers, or even 2 accounts at the same dealer, also falls under arb.

#40     Jan 18, 2006