Ackman cuts 20% of staff... including his Driver.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by vanzandt, Jan 22, 2018.

1. LOL!

#11     Jan 22, 2018
  2. His HLF short equity position is all covered now and transitioned to all puts as a final battle right?

I think he said he won't talk about HLF in the media anymore and said now the focus is back on HLF's fundamentals. I think the latter is right, so there may not be much upside for any potential short squeeze. But I think downside is limited too, as I'm sure they're gonna wanna keep the stock above his put strikes until it expires.

HLF might go private or it might not but I don't think anything more than $80/share. Might be range bound between $65-80.

#12     Jan 22, 2018
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  3. Peter10

Peter10

sorry for this guy, making loss when the stocks is so bullish.

#13     Jan 23, 2018
  4. R1234

R1234

I don't feel sorry for this guy - managing 9 billion with 3 straight years of negative returns. I'd love to have clients like that! I've had clients scream at me on the phone for a mild drawdown lasting a couple of months!

#14     Jan 23, 2018
  5. Peter10

Peter10

lol

#15     Jan 23, 2018
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Wow...imagine 3 years of losses in the biggest bull.market in history....that stings....

#16     Jan 23, 2018
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Maybe he should take all those billions and go long volatility...any 5% pullback would create a huge jump.in volatility and he would make back every loss he has had for the last 3 years!!!

#17     Jan 23, 2018
  8. The difference between trading one's own capital, versus managing assets with a hedge fund 2 & 20 scheme (or similar), is that the latter achieves personal wealth gain despite performance because there is a fixed fee based off the total AUM. It's not the same playing field as someone who trades their own capital and absolutely has to win a trade, to achieve personal wealth gain.

So how do you feel 'sorry' for under performance? Mind you, we're talking about super wealthy guys, earning a salary no matter what. Compare that to homeless people on the streets with nothing to invest. Now, I can understand feeling sorry for the trader who trades their own capital, and who loses money - because that's all they got and they have to make a good trade to earn a living. But 2 & 20 (or similar)?

#18     Jan 23, 2018
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I don’t feel sorry for a retail trader who loses his own money. He chose to play the game.

#19     Jan 23, 2018
  10. Peter10

Peter10

I am only concerned about what will becomes of his hedge fund when stock falls

#20     Jan 23, 2018