Ace of Trades

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by pitbulltrader, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy2

guy2

Thanks for reporting that. I think that it would be great if we had a Trick or Trade forum here on Elite Trader but that might conflict with the main drive of Elite. I have set-up a sub-forum on my site and called it Trick or Trade and perhaps this can be used to continue the reporting that the original Trick or Trade site did. This is the RSS feed for it.

#21     Apr 20, 2005
  2. sg027

sg027

I was thinking about doing a web site or book or an e-book addressing these over priced systems, trading schools etc. I would probably get slapped around with copyright infringement or something if I revealed the methods (perhaps it's more accurate to say non-methods) that these people taught.

#22     Apr 20, 2005
  3. guy2

guy2

I am under the impression that most of these sites repackage material that is already available and already very popular so I doubt that you will have problems with copyright unless it's from the original author/book.

#23     Apr 20, 2005
  4. guy,

nice of you to setup the forum, but I think that the feedback received here in ET from 20.000+ members, along with the ability to post comments for various trading-related products (not system vendors though) can't be beat.

Btw Since you asked about AceofTrades (some months ago, but i just noticed it), I can tell you my experience of him in EARLY days (2001-2002), when I visited Paltalk to meet other traders in my country and I looked around spent some time in "vendor" rooms in the afternoon (after our local exchange had closed):

Don't waste a second on AceofTrades.

PS: I'm talking about the person using the nickname "Ace_of_Trades" in Paltalk and the room with same name.

#24     Apr 20, 2005
  5. guy2

guy2

I agree - Elite is an excellent forum.

thanks - i gathered as much

#25     Apr 20, 2005
  6. We are up and running for years already. Will celebrate another birthday in coming January :)

www.trickortrade.org
    It's time for TRUTH!

#26     Dec 8, 2005
  7. Hello:

I have a few comments regarding scams. First for Guy2, I have to disagree about ET as a good forum. It seems to be that this site, like many on the net, are pretty much like the old west. You have to watch your own back. I notice for instance that some of the posters who claim to know about scam artists ("Yes I know this fool") are themselves guilty of trying to scam people. I know of several resources for good training for both equities and options but they are very expensive and not readily available to the public (you need to be licensed and working for a financial firm). I think the bottom line is that most all the retail sites are suspect, and you need to look for good references before committing funds to that enterprise.

Hope this helps a bit
    Steve

#27     Dec 8, 2005

8. Your right about ET being filled with scams but I actually think that there are more posters in here that are full of sh#t.

It amazes me that certain posters on here have nothing better to do with thier lives but post lies about others and brag about themselves and what great traders they are. :confused:

They really need to get a life !!!

#28     Dec 8, 2005
  9. Yes I agree, when it comes to being full of shit, you are the acknowledged authority here at ET.

Steve

#29     Dec 8, 2005
  10. Spoken from the horses mouth :eek:

or was that the other end of the horse :p

#30     Dec 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.