Ace of Trades

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by pitbulltrader, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qtip

qtip

I have also visited the site. The problem is that everything is done through a chat. I wouldn't mind paying the money if they could show me their real-time charts along with the order entry application so I can make sure they are putting real money on the line with the method they sell. If so, then I might be game...

Or should I still be weary.... Vendors are getting real savy these days...

#11     Jul 3, 2004
  2. If you really did find a system that worked why not just trade it? Why isn't that enough? I have often wondered this.

I think the need for these personalities to become known over powers them. I think this is the the single biggest reason for their beginnings. They want to have a website for traders.

I discovered a way to trade through ET for free. Its not a system, but I have systemized it. It could be packaged and offered, but I do not do this as reverse-engineering would be real easy. But the second biggest reason, I would not do it, is that I would not want the hassel. I just need to be patient and build brick by brick slowly increasing my size and taking dollars from the market as long as the system works.

If I were to get a website for traders it would be something like Marketsurfers site or some helpful resource for traders. Not a "get rich quick" type of sales and marketing site. Trade-Ideas has a great resource for discretionary traders too. I am sure there are hundreds of these sort of sites that do not advertise or charge money. This is what ET is all about, traders sharing and helping other traders. ET has offered this free rescource for traders and they get sponsors to fund its costs and make a living with. But without "US", ET is nothing.

I guess, I have been mis-understood over the last year posting on ET, as I have been accused of promoting vendors and supporting free advertising every chance I get. This was not my intention. I only want to help and get help. But sometimes honest folks with good intentions are mis-understood.

I do not feel good anymore when I come to ET, with the recent discovery of my reputation with the other moderators, and I do not know how much longer I will be here.

Michael B.

#12     Jul 3, 2004
  3. what happened to your Journal?

#13     Jul 4, 2004
  4. I stopped posting to that journal. I am trading a totally tweaked version of "YM in a Can" in the retail Forex market at Oanda.

Thank you for remembering it and reading it. This way of trading levels has changed the entire way I look at the market.

I am trading 7 pairs and I just do not have the time to maintain a Journal. I go live next week with real $ trading my system. I am satisfied with all the help in my journal that I received and the forward testing that I have done to start trading real dollars. Its not great but I am going for 5% per month in profit from my balance that I maintain.

I have been involved posting in ET for a long time and I thought that I wanted to give back to the community, which I hope I have accomplished with that journal. Recently, I have discovered that I had a reputation that truely is not me. I have tried to be helpful to the newcomers here and learn from the oldtimers. ET truly became an important part of my trading life. I like traders and I like what they talk about. I wish there were more female traders here though. I get sick of talking to you guys, I would like to discuss trading with the other side too.

So it is better that I stop posting, as apparantly my writing skills do not reflect my heart and I have a reputation of being too liberal to the snakeoilers. I just do not understand it. If I don't blow them away, I am interpreted to be on their side. Time and time again, I have written about being fair to the advertisers here and admonished fair play.

Out of all the people here the character "ElectricSavant" should be remembered as being fair, friendly, helpful open minded and most of all, humble. Well I will shut up now. Talk to you soon, maybe.

Michael B.

#14     Jul 4, 2004
  5. guy2

guy2

AceTrader is going around spamming trading chat rooms. Seen today on IRC's Othernet:

[10:46:13] <ACE> If you would like to learn to trade the emini sp with the use of no indicators using only support and resistance check out this site. www.acetrades.com The acetrades.com technique produces 10 point wins with one point at risk. You can come to a free demo next week in paltalk. Simply go through the website and register . Guaranteed you will not see anyone read a chart with such accuracy.
    [10:46:13] <ACE> Come and see its free. Live seminar with voice is filling up fast. 10 +++ pts per day is the goal.

Can anyone come forward and vouch for this person? I've heard plenty of negative comments about him but out of the 26,500+ Elite Trader members there must be one person that has something good to say about him or his service?

#15     Jul 30, 2004
  6. You've heard the truth about him, now you only want someone to tell you what you want to hear because greed is getting to you and you want an excuse.

So just go and buy it and learn for yourself the hard way.

:cool:

#16     Jul 30, 2004
  7. guy2

guy2

I would never buy anything from him. I really just want to hear of 1 person - 1 solitary person - that is still subscribing to him after 3 to 6 months and is making money. Nassim Nicholas Taleb's book Fooled by Randomness tells us that it is highly probable that this person exists.

#17     Jul 30, 2004
  8. Well, after all this time and no response to this thread, I do not
    believe it is highly probable that this person exists.

But as I look on Paltalk, good ol' AceTrades is still there, waiting to
    pull in the next fish... :D

#18     Dec 29, 2004
  9. guy2

guy2

I came across a web site called http://www.trickortrade.com which attempts to expose the frauds which I think is an excellent idea but unfortunately it doesn't get much traffic. I've posted a question about whether or not anybody's heard anything about Ace here:
    http://trickortrade.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=53

But not sure what sort of response this will get.

Are there any other boards or forums or areas on the web devoted to trading scams? Perhaps ET could start an area for this purpose? It could also serve as an information board for people who have been ripped off and direct them to where to lodge their complaints.

#19     Dec 29, 2004
  10. sg027

sg027

Seems like trickortrade.com is out of business.

We really need a site like that.

#20     Apr 20, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.