ACD--Is it the Method to The Madness?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by amex2, Apr 29, 2007.

1. So does that mean Fish has duped those who purchased his book?

#51     May 4, 2007
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

You think? LOL. Come on Jason. I'm assuming you were not born yesterday. You really think Fisher is going to outline word for word in a book what he actually does? Fisher is a great guy, don't get me wrong, but he is not stupid. Can you cite one single trader that has published a system that he is currently trading in a book? Name one guy.

I will note that Curtis Faith of the Turtle fame has published the original rules of the turtle trading program but only 20 years after they traded them!!!! Let's try to come back to the real world here.

#52     May 4, 2007
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, why would you say that? Does he explicitly state anywhere in that book that he is presenting to you his entire trading system?

#53     May 4, 2007
  4. Thanks,
    When the price reaches " A " below OR , does it mean that bias is short and only sell orders are placed ?

#54     May 4, 2007
  5. Uh, okay, then we agree?

Whatever he is currently trading that is making money is markedly different from the system presented in the book.

That's all I've ever claimed.

#55     May 4, 2007
  6. WinSum

WinSum

Would it be accurate to conclude that the premise of that ACD trade was to Fade the "A-Down" with a stop around 13215 ?

#56     May 4, 2007
  7. I accept what you're saying, but I don't see how it translates into Fisher being a great guy. Typical snake oil rip off sounds more like it. You seem to be saying the book plus whatever he sells with his service is pretty much useless unless one is knowledgeable enough to construct a trading system around it. That doesn't surprise me at all, as I said early on that an OR b/o system would never be profitable except in a wild market. Yet everyone seems universally to think that Fisher is in fact a great guy, so I'm trying to understand it.

The concept of buying strength and selling weakness is not exactly rocket science nor did Fisher discover it. The concept of using filters, time and price, to qualify b/o's has also been around forever. People were using the daily pivots long before Fisher appeared. So what exactly is so groundbreaking and useful about whatever he is selling? I'm not attacking him, I've never had any contact with him or used his service, I'm just curious.

#57     May 4, 2007
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Fisher being a great guy is pretty well known. The guy is very generous with his time and his money. He has the longest running internship at the NYMEX for kids in high school and college to offer them the opportunity to see what trading is like including disadvantaged kids.

He holds an ACD seminar usually once every year or two and donates all the proceeds to charity. He doesn't hoc his services anywhere on TV or in trading publications, in fact, the guy doesn't even do interviews. He is completely stays out of the limelight.

The guy has made more careers at the NYMEX then other human being probably in the history of any exchange.

These are some of the reasons why I say he is a great guy. Does this guy really strike you as a snake oil salesman? Not to me he doesn't.

His system is not just about buying strength and selling weakness. It's actually pretty involved. And some of his macro stuff is the best stuff I have ever seen. His numberline concept is genius. BTW, Fisher is not a breakout trader and his system is not a breakout system like most OR systems are. I would highly recommend you read his book. I don't mind sharing what I have learned from his book and from him with other people provided they have at least read the book and watched some of his online video seminars he has done and provided you have a genuine interest in learning what he does.

#58     May 4, 2007
  9. fisher is a great guy. he got a break early on from his mentor, so hes paying it back.

#59     May 4, 2007
  10. I'm certainly not trying to attack Fisher. He does sound like a great guy. Perhaps I should read his book. I'm wondering how his approach differs from Tony Crabel, who pretty much wrote the book on OR trading.

It's funny, but I always had heard that the NYMEX was full of some of the worst, most corrupt people you would ever stand next to in a trading pit. Yet Fisher is a great guy, and Eric Bolling certainly seems to be. Two exceptions or was I just wrong?

#60     May 4, 2007