ACD--Is it the Method to The Madness?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by amex2, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Not on the YM. What market are you trading with it?

#41     May 4, 2007
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

S&P, Dow, Nasdaq, ER2.

YM was a great trade today, good for about 40 handles.

#42     May 4, 2007
  3. nitro

nitro

I don't know much about ACD, but it seems to me that any trend day with little pullback is a monster day for just about any permutation of ACD, as long as most of the trend was after the OR, as was yesterday.

nitro

#43     May 4, 2007
  4. You know I am a big fan, but yesterday's open was 13267 and the low and high for the day was a range of 13230 to the downside (37 points) and 13286 to the upside (19 points).

Without giving the secret away, are you taking more than one trade in different directions to get 40 points becaue assuming you held to extreme low it was less than 40 handles if you were waiting for the breakout.

Are you able to trade in both directions and catch the reverses? Tis would certainly be a great advance on the general outline from the book.

#44     May 4, 2007
  5. I just said that the system as described in the book hasn't been very profitable in energies as of late. I know what values are published on the MBF site for the various markets and have used those for backtests.

I'm sure they're doing other things there that are profitable. In fact, I know they have a Long Island office that does nothing but run automated strategies. However, that doesn't change what I said with regards to the ACD strategy described in the book.

#45     May 4, 2007
  6. The book combined with the website numbers provide a full system, save for the exits, all of which can easily be tested.

#46     May 4, 2007
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I only took one trade yesterday. The beauty of the ACD system is it will not allow you to overtrade. The way the system is set up, you really should not be taking trades in different directions.

Granted we have done a lot of work and improvement on Fisher's method and have really refined the strategy as we have precise exit levels and we know with a high degree of certainty what our risk/reward levels are.

Yesterday's trade was a pretty perfect set up.

#47     May 4, 2007
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Again, what is in the book is not "the" system. It's simply an overlay. Also, the values on the web site have no meaning without a more structured system to implement those values. Fisher told me that if you just read the book and traded the system, you would get killed. He said nobody does that. So Jason, again, I have no idea what you are testing, but I can assure you, you are probably trading it differently then Fisher.

#48     May 4, 2007
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, it's not a full system. Not even close.

#49     May 4, 2007
  10. Well, perhaps so, but that means Fisher is trading it differently than in the book.

The book plus the website values for the OR times and A and C levels do indeed provide enough information for testing, modulo the exits, which, as I said, can be brute forced in testing.

#50     May 4, 2007