ACD--Is it the Method to The Madness?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by amex2, Apr 29, 2007.

1. We're using his methods and they are working VERY well in real time. Of course they have been amended a tad with our rules.

#11     May 2, 2007
  2. Nobody on the floor uses that system.

#12     May 2, 2007
  3. Great. More $ for me

#13     May 2, 2007
  4. Nobody is on the floor anymore, even at the Nymex! :p

#14     May 2, 2007
  5. Where did Mark go? Put out on the street??:(

#15     May 2, 2007
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Very few people on ET seem to understand that the strategy that is outlined in the "Logical Trader Book" is not Mark's ACD strategy but just an outline of it. You will not make any money following the strategy as it is in the book. Mark has told me this in person.

#16     May 2, 2007
  7. So he says his book is useless for making money?

Didn't seem to stop him from promoting and selling it.:D

#17     May 2, 2007
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

The book was meant to lay the foundation for building a strategy and it served that purpose well. What did you want Mark to do, just wire over all the money he made trading the last 20 years to your account so you don't have to even bother trading or thinking for that matter?

#18     May 2, 2007
  9. I do like his book and no offense to MF, but that is what all the snake oil authors say. But he's got props from his trading success and that's why I bought LT.

Well that would be a start:p

#19     May 2, 2007
  10. Well, what about the service he sells? Is that also useless? I can't see paying someone to give me the daily pivots.

I know you've made this point before about MF not using the method from his book and that your group uses a variation very successfully. I wish you'd elaborate on what in the book is useful if the basic strategy is not. Be long when the market is going up and short when it's going down? The OR is important? Those seem pretty basic. The book outlines an OR breakout strategy with suggestions for filters. That is a strategy that will win big in volatile markets and will get chopped up in range-bound ones. I don't think any amount of tinkering with the basic approach will turn a losing strategy into a winner. Only the market can do that.

#20     May 2, 2007
    .sigma likes this.