Accused insider trader commits suicide.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by fanews, Apr 19, 2011.

1. heech

heech

If everyone at the firm was doing it, I'd be using that to my advantage as I speak to the prosecutors in the case.

I have zero sympathy for this guy. It should have been immediately obvious to everyone involved that this was illegal activity. The idea of a small financial penalty is ludicrous... otherwise, everyone should just try it, since the probability of being caught is substantially less than 25%.

Insider trading *should* be the third-rail of American business: if you do it, your (professional) life is over. It should be treated just like embezzlement or any other type of work-related fraud. This is not a victim-less crime.... everyone else trading in these stocks (as well as the company and every other employee) is being victimized when insider trading occurs.

And yes, probably other people should be prosecuted just as heavily... doesn't mean this guy should be given a free pass.

#11     Apr 20, 2011
  2. A sneaky weak minded thief.

Bold enough to commit the crime , be bold enough to sit your ass down & try again.

Human tax break. Saved us all some change. Tragic anyway you slice it.

#12     Apr 20, 2011
  3. If these laws are not softened soon indian tobe executives will refuse american positions as this is cultural thing and then what ! US in more trouble :confused:

#13     Apr 20, 2011
  4. An American national would never have killed themselves.

Apparently the Chinese still have a tinge of honor.

#14     Apr 21, 2011
  5. Honor would be ... I got drunk at a bar ,and on the drive home ran a light and killed somebody and detroyed someones family.

Then kill yourself . Thats honor.

Not stealing info & profitting from it. Once your caught & are facing time. Thats cowardice.

#15     Apr 21, 2011
  6. zdreg

zdreg

"everyone else trading in these stocks (as well as the company and every other employee) is being victimized when insider trading occurs."
    prima facie nonsense. eg. if i sell 1 minute before a stock halt for news i would have been most happy if the news had leaked out and pushed up the price of stock in the days or weeks prior to the announcement.

"third rail of american business" from where do you come up with this clueless hyperbole?
    there are many reasons why insider trading should be legalized.
    banning insider trading does not not benefit the public.
    below is just one of many articles that dispels the notion that insider trader is bad for john q. public.
    http://www.forbes.com/2011/01/20/le...nomics-opinions-contributors-doug-bandow.html

#16     Apr 21, 2011
  7. I think you have it wrong. A born and bred 'city' boy, would say fukkem all, and get on with their miserable lives. Give you the middle finger to boot.

This guy was truly ashamed and embarrassed.

#17     Apr 21, 2011