Accounts with multiple prop firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cqm, Jan 22, 2012.

1. hitnrun

hitnrun

if your a licensed trader series 7 or 56 their is usually a conflict of interest with having multiple accounts at another registered b/d prop firm

all the regulatory changes in the past few years make if difficult to trade multiple accounts without being restricted if someone is licensed

#11     Jan 23, 2012
  2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I don't think there is a regulatory rule against dual registration. Both firms would have to agree and feel there is no conflict of interest. More importantly, both firms would have to include in the WSP how to monitor an individual that has dual registration.

In practice, most WSPs say no dual registration because they don't want to deal with it. I could see a situation where I could be a described as "Business Development" for my firm and a Limited B partner at a prop firm like yours for "trading".

The U4 will not get rejected. I just don't see firms doing it.

Bob

#12     Jan 23, 2012
  3. cqm

cqm

There is no regulatory rule, the CBOE has no rule against it nor has any problem with it for license holders, they honestly didn't see that as impractical or uncommon either, I called them this morning.

once again, the court of public opinion has the opposite consensus from the real authority

#13     Jan 23, 2012
  4. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

What are you referring to? You're agreeing with me.

#14     Jan 23, 2012
  5. cqm

cqm

Im' agreeing with you

there was another person that said it was prohibited

#15     Jan 23, 2012