Accounting / Admin Solution for small SMAs

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JTrader7, Nov 21, 2006.

1. JTrader7

JTrader7

Hello, I seek an accounting / administrator solution for processing daily NAV, quarterly management & incentive fees and monthly performance reporting in relation to Separately Managed Accounts. Minimum account size is $250K and therefor cost as well as reliability and quality service are key concerns. Very grateful for any thoughts & recommendations on the best way to approach this. Jtrader

2. JTrader7

JTrader7

I should add that I am based in Asia, and a local solution would be most preferable. Can anyone comment on the pros and cons of software package / accountant / administrator for dealing with the above? My understanding is that in-house software is expensive, and many investors want to see NAV, fee calcs etc calculated independently from the manager. Administrators are also coming out expensive, with many not interested in dealing with small SMAs. A reasonably priced accountant would seem the way to go: Any comments / recommendations on Asian based solutions would be most appreciated.
    JTrader.

3. JVM

JVM

Our firm provides operational and accounting support to trading firms, investment advisors and hedge funds. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further to see if our services would be a good fit for your firm.

Jeff McKinley
    Senex Solutions LLC
    Chicago Illinois
    jeff@SenexSolutions.net
    312-334-8781

4. Tuneman

Tuneman

i have no services to offer, but let me ask you this, what is the max salary for accountants. I'm not looking to be one, I just have a random curiosity about it