Accountability

Discussion in 'Journals' started by whiskey, Mar 15, 2013.

1. whiskey

whiskey

A little about my trading . I dont trade full time , as a source of income , but only to line my retirement account . Im self employed and totally enjoy my work . I trade forex because I found it to suit my technical abilities and I can get in and out almost at will without running into liquidity problems . I rely on probabilities and understand how they work to suit my needs . right nowI only trade EURUSD but when other pairs start getting overbought or oversold in my tf Ill ease into them starting with half lots . And lastly , I keep a public journal because once in a while someone will lend something useful to me and vice versa , you get back what you give . Thats not to say everyone lends something useful and Ive found it to be rare unfortunately , many just pick others apart to compensate for their own inabilities and thats cool with me , I get something from the haters too . BTW I did keep my journal elsewhere and due to too much nonsense and too little substance Im trying it over here .

So , being late day friday I dont think any entries are gonna go off today but Ill get short if price hits my SL order . BTW I trade all in all out , price hits the stop or target unless I get a trade in the opposite direction . my variables are well defined and consist of little more than buying a rising price after an oversold condition or selling a dropping price after an overbought condition .

2. whiskey

whiskey

165 pip gap down jumped over my sell order . I see it landed at support and i cancelled my order and ill check it out again tomorrow morning after london opens .

3. whiskey

whiskey

Ill go long at 1.2980 stop limit order . Stop is at support and target is 1.5 x r .

4. whiskey

whiskey

And, when price hits 1x risk the stop moves to break even . Target 1.5 x risk so far has kept me profitable . That and not sticking my neck out too far but just far enough . I get losing streaks and winning streaks and try not to get high on winners or suicidal on losers . Ive been trading long enough now that I dont preach the beliefs that were drilled into me . I learned the hard and expensive way to just stick to one thing and let the odds take care of me eventually .

5. whiskey

whiskey

Still waiting for this long to go somewhere . Plenty of reasons why things are still bearish and plenty of reasons why things here are getting bullish too . Risk was 2% of capital .

6. whiskey

whiskey

No good long , -2% . Try again later .

7. whiskey

whiskey

Trying to buy at 1.2909 . Chasing only because I didnt avail myself last night and slept late after unpacking my storage locker back into my formerly storm flooded newly rebuilt house . Stop is support and target is 1.5 x risk . Risk 2% 0f capital same as always .

8. whiskey

whiskey

I notice that the fed statement is today 1400 .

9. whiskey

whiskey

Got positive slippage on this fill . Switching to MBs other platform with their charts . Ive tried prolly every platform available and never found just one to do it all , even the 3rd party pay for ones . Metatrader is one of the worst . Just need simple charts that dont freeze or lag or drop out at news time . After I figure out how to exclude my acct. info on the new one I can post it in my journal .

10. whiskey

whiskey

I had time to watch the chart today . I dont usually watch since my eyes start hurting and I get a freaking pounding headache . The cyprus debacle shoved the euro around and price hit my target an hour before coming back to fill my TP and get me flat . Thats another reason I dont watch the screen , I dont need the stress like that . Either my trade works or doesnt and watching doesnt help price move . Ended the week + 1.01 percent exactly .

#10     Mar 22, 2013