Account up +46,9% since beginning of 2004

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heilbronner, Jan 28, 2004.

1. ig0r

ig0r

I'm up 21% this month. Doesn't mean very much because I'm trading a small account (all my trades are documented in a journal btw http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24931&perpage=6&pagenumber=16). No point in boasting without telling us how much you're swinging.

#11     Jan 28, 2004
  2. Number of transactions: 85 (so far).
    I trade stocks out of DOW, NAZ 100 and DAX and options on these stocks. No small cap things.
    Account was leveraged, always numerous positions, but overall account was long/short neutral.

What is your average win if you write an option and it expires??
    What is your average win if you make 100% with an option as a buyer and the next expires worthless??

IMHO it would be much more difficult to work with 10k than with 100k due to transaction costs. But anyway I don't give any amount.

BTW, I don't know what"plethora" means.

:cool:

#12     Jan 28, 2004
  3. Excellent performance :) Get out of the market as soon as possible :cool:

#13     Jan 28, 2004
  4. razorack

razorack

You may have thought you were fully hedged but to get those sort of returns I would doubt it.
    Give us an example of any/all the trades that you had on at any one time.

#14     Jan 28, 2004
  5. I don't count precentages, I count dollars!

You can't pay precetages to VISA or MC? or can you? :)

TM Trader

#15     Jan 28, 2004
  6. gms

gms

Sure you can. You can pay them a percentage of what you owe them. You'd need to, even if you were up 46%, if 46% of the total trading account value was too small to pay your bills with.

#16     Jan 28, 2004
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Actually, you can. (As long as it AMOUNTS to a certain number of dollars.):D

edit: Sorry gms.....didn't look at your post.:)

#17     Jan 28, 2004
  8. BSAM

BSAM

#18     Jan 28, 2004
  9. Aaron

Aaron

Congrats on your profits, Heilbronner!

#19     Jan 28, 2004

10. Already thought about that. I will reduce trading size from now on and carry bigger cash positions. :)

#20     Jan 28, 2004