account resistance --> must be psychology problem

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mikeenday, Sep 9, 2011.

1. ammo

ammo

another common scenario is to give some back after you reach a number that you feel is bigger than you feel you are,self sabotage,consider your self lucky...i would just remove a large portion of the acct and trade with what you need,if you need the money to have a purpose, think of donating anonymously to a nearby charity or someone you know will use it wisely ,perhaps an elderly person on soc sec,this will make the money less important,and you can get back to trading what you see clearly,if it helps, i look at the market as a game ,and points,not dollars..congrats by the way

#11     Dec 10, 2011
  2. yeah you are right it is what to do. But even if I know that, here is an example of what can happen to me.

Let's say I start trading. I, of course, have a plan which I think can work because I've backtested it... I honestly believe in it. I say I think because until I didn't see it for real I keep having a doubt. So I start, pretty confident. Who cares after all, get it a try I think. I'm innocent and I have nothing to lose. Then it starts working, I'm doing good, better than what I thought I could do. What was just a thought it can eventually work becomes reality. Here starts the problem for me.
    Now I fear it ends, now I don't like when I give back some of my profit (even if I know it's part of the game), now after a lost I want to see more opportunities that actually occur to get it back, I'm getting frustrated... What was just mechanical becomes emotional.
    This is how you got out of this circle that interests me, for those who experienced it and found a way.
    I think time helps. As I'm standing up after I fell I feel I'm doing better now. So maybe after a while things will become natural and I won't do it (or a lot less).

#12     Dec 10, 2011