According to the donkeys at MSNBC, we are now running concentration camps.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jun 16, 2018.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

I have little patience and limited time to read inane diatribes or opinions not backed by facts and sources. I don't know why anyone would.

#651     Feb 21, 2020
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ok H4.... but you bitch about the private prison sector all the time also.
    I have to ask, do you have an intelligent solution to this problem? Build more prisons? Then you'll bitch about that. Just turn everyone loose? Bad idea. So speak up. What's gonna make you happy? Letting millions in from here to forever?

#652     Feb 21, 2020
    MoneyMatthew likes this.
  3. We seem on different wavelengths. Anyway, what is a definition of a source? How about informed opinions? Educated guesses?

The author of the article I quoted, and this would apply to most other authors, have taken some information from various sources and organized it into issue or thesis. This requires reasoning skills, either decent research skills and or broad knowledge, and where available, good interview skills.

What you may characterize as my “diatribes” are actually organized posts containing facts from a wide variety of sources. My strong visualization skills allows me to make connections that others may miss. I regularly support my statements with facts or solid reasoning, unlike far too many articles, posts, or broadcasts from the Left.

As far as the quoted article, note I did not say I agreed with it. I meant I appreciated the effort on the author’s part to put their ideas out there while attempting to support them. If you want my feedback on this article, feel free to ask me, and when I have more time, I will take the time to critically evaluate it and post my position.

For someone with as many posts as you have, I would hope you appreciate posts that are truly fact based or at least have sound reasoning applied.

#653     Feb 21, 2020
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

You realize I opined none about the article posted? So where do you even get "bitching" from it?

I haven't changed my opinion on the topic. Immigration only became topic du jour after 911 as right wingers found a scapegoat that would not punch back, right as we "coincidentally" started seeing the militarization of DHS & extra expansion of the private prison system.

What would make me happy?

Mandatory e-verify on all employers with hefty fines for not abiding. Good luck getting the GOP to agree.

Expanded guest worker program to deal w/the low-skill needs of small & large businesses, with priorities to small businesses as large corps usually gobble these up. Permanent stays weren't as fashionable in the brazero days as guest workers were free(er) to travel back and forth.

Complete abolishment of the private prison system (including border detention), as profit motive has no place or say in the incarceration of people in a civilized society. Yes I'd rather the government build more appropriate detention centers than dump billions into a wall.

Return of the border patrol model, with better agents vetting. These aren't hardened criminals they're dealing with 90% of the time, so hiring every flunky w/a power trip is inappropriate. There is a huge recruitment problem, as no one wants the job, and here's where automation should come in. I'd rather have a well vetted bro in Seattle flying drones over the border & monitoring cameras & sensors than have miserable trigger happy Paco waiting for his "dirty Harry" moment inside an SUV in 100F AZ weather.

Going back to shortened detention periods, as these people have the same constitutional rights to a speedy trial as you or me, no matter who it pains to admit it. This means expanding judicial appointments by orders of magnitude, a cost that we could've afforded instead of a wall.

Scrapping the bond model, this only keeps people incarcerated and goes against the point above.

Return of "catch and release" as it was proven effective enough to deal w/an overwhelmed system and in dealing with family units. This in of itself wouldn't be a necessity if there were more judges to expedite cases & removals.

Harsher punishment to gun runners & fire arm sales that fuel this supply; enough of this shit, what can I say?

Overall, more electronic surveillance & satellite imaging. Walls do slow traffic, our main beef isn't w/the stupid wall, it's getting hammered about it as the stop all be all solution & using it as a political rallying cry rather than dealing w/it as adults. It's ridiculous that we can't have a laser/camera grid from coast to coast triggering anytime something moves across the border. Yeah, we can stop mach 10 rockets from anywhere in the world, but can't spot a fat abuela moving across the border? Give me a break.

Lastly, easing permanent residency to people....this whole notion that "we're full, fuck off" is asinine. You've paid your dues, and your taxes, come on in.

#654     Feb 21, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Well there are certainly some things that are open for discussion in your post, but at least you spent some time with it. I'll return to this later.

#655     Feb 21, 2020
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

inb4 we're in a hurry to deport immigrants falling ill on our watch due to cramped conditions & end up export the virus to other countries.

inb4 we blame those countries for being diseased in furtherance of the wall.

#656     Mar 22, 2020
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

upload_2020-7-7_9-23-33.png
    upload_2020-7-7_9-24-1.png
    upload_2020-7-7_9-24-20.png
    upload_2020-7-7_9-24-49.png
    upload_2020-7-7_9-25-13.png
    upload_2020-7-7_9-26-20.png

#657     Jul 7, 2020
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

They're trying to recycle all the news before the election now.

#658     Jul 7, 2020
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  9. Corky5

Corky5

does anyone actually watch msnbc? the editorialists are all third rate. they report fiction not news and act like children.

#660     Jul 7, 2020
    CaptainObvious likes this.